Best Whole House Sediment Water Filter System
Best Whole House Sediment Water Filter System
Are you health conscious? Have you suffered from the negative effect of water quality? Nobody wants to be among the millions of people that are still drinking, cooking, and showering with unsafe water, after all. Well if so go for Best Whole House Sediment Water Filter System
What is a whole house filter?
A Whole House Sediment Water Filter System, also known as a point-of-entry water filtration system, is perfect to clean all the water entering your home before it gets distributed to the various outlets like faucets and showers.
A good system will improve the smell and taste of your water and also make it safe for consumption by removing many of the harmful contaminants. Above that, it will reduce hardness. This means fewer stains on dishes and surfaces, soft laundry and healthier looking hair and skin.
With this system flooded in the market, you are likely to get confused which is the best for you. This article has reviewed the Best Whole House Sediment Water Filter System as reviewed by customers.
Whole House Water Filter System (1-3 Bathrooms)
The SpringWell company offers the highest-rated and best-priced system in the industry. The SpringWell Whole House Filtration System is a 1,000,000-gallon system utilizing 4 stages of filtration, premium coconut carbon, and KDF media. It removes harmful chemicals such as chlorine, lead, and heavy metals. It will also remove contaminants including chloramine, VOCs, pesticides, halo acetic acids, bad odor, taste and controls the growth of bacteria.
What you Get
You won’t need to plug that filter in the electric network. It doesn’t require electricity and this is an advantage in terms of safety and economy. You also get a 6-month money-back guarantee but the best part is that the unit has a lifetime warranty.
The SpringWell System comes with an easy installation kit as well as a guide on installing it yourself or hiring a professional.
What We Didn’t Like
There are 2 minor inconveniences that we wanted to mention:
- The carbon media inside the large tank must soak in water for at least two days before installation.
- Once installed, it can take a bit to get all of the carbon fibers flushed out.
- Stainless steel body: will last a long time.
- Complete set: everything you need for the installation will be in there
- Thorough filtration – you will get fresh water at home for all purposes. No chlorine.
- No electricity needed
- 5-micron filter
- Lifetime Warranty
- Not the cheapest unit on the market
- Comes with only 1 filter
- The body can be heavy to lift as it is steel made
back to menu ↑
Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter System, Filters Chlorine & Sediment Filtration for 1-3 Baths, 12 GPM, 1 Million Gallons
This system combines effectiveness and longevity as it gives you about 1 million gallons of cleansed water during its lifespan. This is because of its top-class coconut activated carbon filter which lies inside those tanks.
Jacobi processes the carbon, and this is a sure sign of quality. The system also features a sediment pre-filter which will remove all the large particles and debris from the water before it makes its way to the coconut filter.
- Whole house water filtration
- Clean, delicious water at every tap
- One easy, convenient filter, 100% maintenance-free
- Simple in/out a design for easy installation
- Enjoy softer skin and hair during showers
- All-natural coconut shell carbon for spring-like water, full of natural minerals
The pre-filter will need replacement every 8-10 months. The size of the tanks depends on the set you want to pick. The regular option is the one that covers 1-3 bathrooms. FilterSmart, however, allows you to cover 4-6 bathrooms with a bigger filter.
- No need to maintain the system – change the pre-filter
- Will remove odors and smell from water
- Comes with a bypass valve for easier installation
- Long life and lifetime warranty
- It doesn’t remove fluoride.
- The installation kit doesn’t include all the little things that you might need. A plastic wrench and extra fittings are not included in the kit.
AquaOx Water Filtration System
This system requires you to spend a sizable sum of money. However, it’s worth spending because you get quite an impressive result. First of all, you will never spend a dime for new filters and replacement cartridges. The system has its backwash mechanism, which refreshes the filtration and allows the unit to keep doing what it does best.
AquaOx Whole House Water Filter is a 7-stage filtration that guarantees purified water without heavy metals, sediment, and pesticides. The water from every tap at your home will be softer and fresher. This is turn, will affect your health in the best way possible.
These stages are:
- A pre-sediment filter: the first stage gets rid of all the larger particles and solids.
- KDF 55: this stage focuses on filtering out metals such as mercury and lead. It will also prevent various bacteria from forming.
- KDF 85: this stage gets rid of Hydrogen sulfide.
- The Garnet stage: this one will assist the pre-sediment filter when it comes to removing various solids.
- Catalytic adsorptive carbon: this is where the real magic happens. Your water will be free of chlorine and chloramine after this stage. Additionally, some VOCs get removed.
- Activated coconut shell carbon: this is a reasonably well-known stage in any whole house water filtration system. It will further remove chlorine, VOCs, and solvents.
- Filter-AG: the last part of the filtration will also enhance the water pressure that you get from your tap.
The Fleck Digital head is an excellent addition to the unit as it allows you to customize the way it works. When it comes to size, you got 2 options – regular and XL. The latter will give you a GPM of 37 and will be able to cover a large home with at least 4 bathrooms.
- 7-stage filtration – no other product on the market packs so many stages of filtration in one tank
- No maintenance – you will not need to purchase and replace filters
- Comes in 2 sizes – you can pick the most convenient option depending on the size of your
- Long-life – the manufacturer promises at least 2 million gallons of filtered water
- Does not remove fluoride
- Does not increase the alkalinity of your water
- Requires access to an electrical outlet
iSpring WGB32B Whole House Water Filtration System
This system got equipped with gradient three-stage filtration with aid in removing sediment, chlorine, rust, herbicides, an industrial solvent, VOCs, and various other contaminants. With 1” NPT inlet/outlet hence has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance
These stages are:
- The first stage housing holds a 5-micron high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter- this filter removes dirt and other various larger-sized particles from the water that can clog the following filters.
- The second stage of the WGB32B-PB houses a 5-micron CTO coconut shell carbon block filter- this is for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life.
Note: both stages are NSF/ANSI certified
The 3rd stage filter (FCRC25B) lead and iron removal filter is specially designed for reducing lead and iron: this filter features a high capacity of 15,000 ppm for lead, effectively reducing the lead to below 15 parts per billion
- Good Water Pressure: This system uses large ports that allow a good volume of water to pass through the filters each minute. This will ensure good water pressure after you install the filtering system
- May Leak Without Teflon Tape: This water filter’s connections might leak if you don’t use Teflon tape.
iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage 20 Big Blue Whole House Water Filter
Say goodbye to smelly, bad tasting water! This system removes up to 99% of chlorine from water as well as sediment, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs, and various other contaminants. This system gets installed at the main water supply line to treat all the water in your home.
The iSpring WGB22B Whole House Water Filter functions through two stages to remove contaminants from the water in your entire household.
These stages are:
- The first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter can achieve filtration down to 5 microns.
- The second stage CTO Carbon Block filter is of high-quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life.
Both filters have a capacity of 100,000 gallons of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year. The cartridges are individually wrapped to ensure freshness. You are advised to unwrap the cartridges before use.
- Protects house appliances such as dishwashers, water heaters, and laundry washing machines
- Reduces scale buildup and limescale
- It does not affect water pressure.
- No drain – Without the drain, the whole housing is heavy when filled with water.
Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Water Filter System
This is the highest-rated whole house water filtration system on our list. It’s also the most popular model. Part of the reason for this model’s popularity is certainly its low starting price, and the other part is its effectiveness.
This system comes with stainless steel inserts for an easy and leak-free installation. Unlike plastic inserts, these are more durable, and they are less prone to cracks over time.
Note: this model is both NFS tested and certified.
- Best Price or Value Ratio: With a low starting price and a very efficient water filtration process, this system delivers the best price/value ratio from all the other models we included on our list, and we only included the best.
- No Fixing Bracket: This unit does not come with a fixing bracket. This might be a problem for some people who prefer using one during the installation.
iSpring WGB21B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filter
The iSpring WGB21B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filter serves to keep the water in your entire household clean and healthy. Unlike an RO system, this system will NOT reduce TDS. Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) is a measurement of everything in your water, both good and bad. It’s not an accurate measure of water quality.
The two stages of filtration remove up to 95% of VOCs, sediment, chlorine, and other contaminants that cause foul tastes and odors. Also, it has 50,000-gallon capacity 4.5″X10″ replaceable filters that can provide up to a full year of clean water for a family of four.
The installation process is relatively straightforward, which means that you will be able to perform it yourself. It comes pre-assembled from right to left, but you could switch the bracket the other way around.
- Construction: This whole house filter is part of a sturdy housing and solid metal brackets. If you change the filters regularly, it should last for years.
- Colored Housing: It would have been more convenient if the housing was transparent so that you could see when the filter gets clogged and ready for a change.
Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
This system has a three-stage filtering system that eliminates more contaminants. They come in the following order: Sediment Filter goes to the right, the Kinetic Degradation Filter is in the center, and the Activated Carbon Block is on the left. Each one of those takes care of various particles. The Sediment Filter removes sand, rust, and dirt, while the KDF and the ACB eliminate different chemical elements that are damaging to the water.
It is difficult to determine the lifespan of the filters because it depends on the quality of your water and the number of people in the family. Usually, a family of four would use a set of three filters for a full year. After that, you will need to replace them.
- 3-Stage Filter: The benefit of a 3-stage filter is that it will naturally remove more harmful particles, and after the third layer, the water will come out clearer.
- Pressure: At the second stage of the filtering process, the water pressure might drop quite a bit.
Home Master HMF2SmgCC Whole House Two Stage Filtration System Water Filter
Some water filters only address taste impurities, but Home Master’s two-stage filtration system tackles so much more. Its multi-gradient sediment filter removes suspended particles down to one micron. The special KDF85/catalytic carbon filter eliminates up to 95-percent of both chlorine and chloramine as well as industrial chemicals and heavy metals including lead, copper, and mercury.
The catalytic carbon filter used by this system has a water filtering capacity of 95,000 gallons, so it should provide filtered water for a year or more, depending on your consumption.
Home Master’s HMF2SMGCC is a dual-stage, whole-home filter consisting of a metal frame and two filter cartridges in food-safe plastic housings. Installed, it weighs less than 40 pounds, and its 9 x 18 x 25-inch size makes it a top choice for small spaces. Allow six inches in all directions for installation and maintenance.
Homeowners with plumbing skills report they can install it in a morning, but as an inline filter, it’s integrated into your main water line. Cutting pipe and soldering fittings is part of the job, so consider hiring a professional if you’re not comfortable with that.
- Virtually eliminates both chlorine and chloramine • Advanced filtration media improves overall efficiency • Low cost to own and operate • Backed by an industry-leading two-year warranty • Space-saving design
- Lower-than-average 10 GPM flow rate
3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System
Unlike other water filters that ensure a good flow rate of 15 gallons per minute, this model goes the extra mile and delivers one of 20 gallons of filtered water per minute. This is a huge water flow, so you shouldn’t experience a drop in water pressure even if you use more faucets at the same time.
This system uses water filters that should last for a year or more in a typical outset, and changing them is very easy. You just have to twist them off and twist new ones in their place. Thus, low maintenance cost.
- Great Filter: Not only is this water filter very effective at removing contaminants from the water, but it’s very easy to change as well. The filter will last for a year or more, and changing it will only take up to 3 minutes.
- Needs Help with highly Polluted Sources: You should combine this filter with a sediment pre-filter if your water is highly polluted.
Not all households need the same whole house water filters. Even though all models work in the same way, the presence or absence of additional filters will influence the types of contaminants a certain filter will remove from the water. However, there are some things you should take into consideration, no matter how many filters the system uses.
Smaller households might manage using a water filter capable of producing only 10 gallons of water per minute, but larger ones surely won’t. If you know your household usually consumes large volumes of water at the same time you should buy a unit capable of producing a better water flow.
Depending on the results of your water tests, you should buy a unit that will be effective on the contaminants already present in your water. If there is high heavy metal contamination, a normal unit with a copper-zinc mineral filter might suffice. However, if you have high bacterial contamination, you might need a unit with a UV filter.
It might seem like a good idea to choose a cheap filter, but if your household uses a lot of water, you might have to change it once every month.
The best filters available will block anything larger than 0.35 microns. As you might expect, they are more expensive than the filters that block only particles larger than 1 micron. A micron is a thousandth of a millimeter, so it’s already pretty small. If you don’t have a highly contaminated source, a 0.35-micron filter might be an overkill.
You may need to examine your water before choosing which system to buy. You may also consider purchasing the items we have reviewed for the best result.