People have different passions and interests to spend their extra time of daily routine for some entertainment. Every person has a different interest from the other person for which they can do anything. Every sport or hobby needs some things to play them properly and to get the best experience from it. Skating is quite interesting which everyone cannot do and is not easy for everyone.
As skateboarding and street culture have gained popularity in recent years so have skate shoes. They have gone so mainstream that is not uncommon to see skateboard-style shoes worn regularly by people who have never ridden a skateboard in their lives.
With so many large conventional shoe brands and remote underground skateboard brands in the market today there is a lot of noise and it’s hard to pick the winners and losers of the year.
If you haven’t been successful in finding the perfect pair in 2020, here are 5 products to choose from.
SkateBoarding Shoes Brands List
Adidas Originals Men’s Seeley Sneaker
Their latest skate shoe is the Adidas Seeley Skate Shoes, a special men’s shoe on the market. Out of all existing brands, this unit stands out the greatest because of its attractive build and great personality. We love Seeley shoes because they feature a textile lining that offers more comfort.
These White Skate shoes got made with lace closure, rubber sole for better stability, and synthetic material that are resistant to wear and tear. The suede upper of these shoes allows you to ride with these units everywhere you please without a care in the world.
- Durable construction
- Comfortable leather construction
- Affordable skate shoe
- Customer complaining about sizing
- Need more effort in the style department
NIKE SB Check Solarsoft Canvas
This skating shoe unit is of the original suede. It features a drawstring closure and an imported design, which makes this skate sneaker stand out from the crowd wherever you go. It features a glass lens and a canvas frame that is unique to the Nike family. For cleaning, you can place your Solarsoft canvas into the machine for a thorough and easy wash. The sock liner used in this shoe got designed for plush comfort and, ultimately, the best protection for your feet.
- The SB Check Solarsoft Canvas gets praised a lot for its thick, spongy, and supportive insole that offered enhanced comfort underfoot.
- Others think that the padded collar is a great addition.
- One skater likes that the metal grommets on the top eyelets of these kicks as it helped protect the laces from snapping or ripping.
- The low-top Nike SB Check Solarsoft Canvas looks exactly as advertised, revealed by a handful of buyers.
- Synthetic textile makes it quite sturdy
- This pair got built to last
- Flat and all rubber construction minimizes all the tension
- A small number has complained about the shoe’s narrow and tight construction.
- A skater has used the SB Check Solarsoft Canvas for longboarding and got disappointed that the soles wore out quickly.
Etnies Men’s Kingpin Skateboarding Shoe
The company has pioneered various technological advances, and it remains committed to excellence. It focuses on creating innovative products that deliver maximum comfort, protection, and style.
- Synthetic sole
- 100% Leather
- Customer complains of its stiffness
Emerica Men’s Wino G6 Slip-on Skate Shoe
Like any true wino, the Emerica Wino G6 Slip-On Shoes are all about comfort. But they’re much more than a pool shoe. A polyurethane insole delivers the first-rate skate cushioning and board feel, while a double wrapped Vulc construction promises lasting durability, making the G6 Wino Slip a comfortable, durable, skate-ready shoe.
Equipped with the G6 insole, it has sufficient padding for comfort and impact protection. Also, it has a vulcanized outsole that delivers excellent board feel and steady-footed grip. Apart from the unrivaled performance, it also offers the right combination of comfort and style.
- Some skateboarders have attested that this shoe offers a fantastic board feel.
- Equipped with the G6 insole, it has sufficient padding for effective impact protection, attested by a few users.
- A couple of testers have noted that it is a skate shoe that provides support even for people with wide feet.
- The Wino G6 Slip-On from Emerica is durable and well-built, as per several buyers.
- Most wearers have testified that it is a comfortable shoe perfect not only for skateboarding but also for walking.
- Skate-ready shoe
- It needs a couple of weeks to loosen, according to a couple of users.
- A reviewer has mentioned that the Emerica Wino G6 Slip-On offers little resistance.
Lakai Limited Footwear Mens Bristol Skate Shoe
The Bristol is the most advanced vulcanized style to date with priorities on performance and comfort. It got designed to improve foot support, and reduce fatigue. The upper consists of seamless suede in high-wear areas, breathable mesh, and wide gauge perforation in the tongue for maximum breathability.
Introducing Lakai’s para-mount outsole technology which utilizes dual-density rubber that provides extra cushioning to absorb high impact. The soles Hex-Tread Design provides 360-degree flexibility for increased board feel and maximum grip.
Among the features that wearers loved were the simple yet stylish design, high-quality details, and impressive cushioning and comfort. There are also many color selections to choose from. However, the shoe has been found to have a narrow fit.
- Skate silhouettes get designed for improved foot support and reduced fatigue. Uppers of seamless suede in high-wear areas. Breathable mesh lining. Wide gauge perforation in tongue for maximum DELUX-LITE premium foam sock liner is designed with a deep contoured heel and increased arch support.
- The Lakai Bristol comes with a budget-friendly price tag.
- Most buyers got pleased with the sneaker’s design, describing it as super nice, stylish, and simple.
- There are many colorways available for this model.
- Several purchasers appreciated the Lakai Bristol’s high-quality details, singling out the excellent materials and stitching
- It’s extremely comfortable to wear, commended a lot of reviewers.
- A few wearers revealed that they received compliments for the Lakai Bristol.
- Several buyers grumbled that it runs narrow on the toe area.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Skate Shoes
These factors should help you immensely while shopping.
The material used on a pair of skate shoes determines to some extent their longevity. Typically, full-grain leather skate shoes last the longest. But they’re not popular with skateboarders. That’s because they don’t offer much grip.
With the right fit, you feel no pain, discomfort, or reduced circulation. Also, you experience little to no heel-lift.
The kind of skating you’re into largely determines how much board feel you need. If you’re a ledge skating guy, for instance, or do hours of flat ground skating, pick options offering lots of board feel. Go for vulcanized shoes such as Vans. Also, pick models offering more cushioning. But remember, more cushioning typically means less board feel.
No one wants skate shoes that won’t help them stay on their skateboard without slippage. The grip is generally a function of what type of rubber the manufacturer uses. The stiffer the rubber, the less grip. On the other hand, the softer the rubber, the harder it is to flick. If the grip is super important for you, buy vulcanized rather than cupsoles.
Examine the shoe you’re eyeing to know how many layers it features. A good outsole provides enough grip and board feel. It also comes with a tread pattern that promotes grip and board feel. The Waffle sole and Herringbone treads are arguably the most popular tread patterns out there. Most skate shoes feature either one or the other, and neither is superior to the other. Vans skate shoes, as mentioned elsewhere, have the Waffle outsole.
Now that you have a better understanding of skate shoes and what you should be looking for when you buy your pair, it should be easier to find a solution that will work well for you. Above, we’ve collected the best options on the market today, which should make it even easier for you to find the solution that’s best for your skating needs.
More best lists at Bicity Reviews