Gone are the days when a standard 50-inch LCD screen was enough to make a movie night memorable. The Best 4k Projector is now as affordable as ever, bringing family evening and date night to a whole new level.
What is this projector?? Well, a projector can be a useful piece of equipment at home, school, or the office. Projectors for home use can be ideal in a home theater or family room where you like to watch movies or favorite TV shows. Many teachers and other professionals find projectors to be an essential item for work.
Some projectors are more extensive than others, so you’ll want to know the dimensions and weight of the unit if you have limited space for use or storage. With Projectors flooded in the market, it might be confusing to know which is the best for you.
Here are reviews of 10 best 4k projectors under 500 based on the reviews from customers.
VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector
This projector from VANKYO has a remote control for convenience. It can also get placed on a ceiling if desired. It has superior brightness and can work from inside or outside. Apart from the remote control, this unit is compatible with many devices, including the Fire TV stick, HDMI connected devices, gaming systems, and USB connections.
This unit can last up to around ten years of daily use due to the long-lasting lamps that make it easier for PowerPoint presentations.
- Has HDMI ports
- Allows you to project full HD content from laptops, smartphones, and other devices
- It has a brightness that is up to 80% compared with other projectors
- Can work on-screen up to 300″ in size
- It includes a 3-year warranty and support from the manufacturer
- Has a contrast ratio of 5000:1
- It’s expensive than other projectors
- Keystone adjustment is manually
GooDee HD Video Projector
This unit has a higher brightness level when compared to many other projectors available in the market. This unit also supports 1080p.
This projector provides a bright picture so you can use the unit indoors or outdoors. It has a low fan sound to keep the unit from overheating. This unit connects easily to most devices.
- Has an 80% better brightness than other small projectors
- Support high resolution for better viewing options also support 1080p
- Can work on a screen from 44” to 230” in size with distance 4.9 to 18 feet
- Has low fan sound and updated HiFi level stereo Audio
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Can work anywhere from 4.9 feet to 18 feet away from the screen
- Has an LCD light source for better brightness
- The fan is quiet hence not disruptive
- The adjustment of focus manual
- Doesn’t include a remote control
- Has a contrast ratio of 5000:1
GooDee Mini Projector
If you are an adventurer, then GooDee Mini Projector suites you. This Projector is budget-friendly and works well with those who need a compact projector hence best to the adventurer. It comes with a travel case to protect your projector when you are taking it from work to school or other places.
This projector works well both indoor and outdoor. It can work with most devices using HDMI cable. It features a built-in speaker and can work on screens up to 200″ in use.
This unit from GooDee provides you with a high definition experience for viewing your pictures, videos, or presentation. It is compatible with many different devices and is easy to setup.
- Has a 40% higher brightness level than many other projectors
- Supports 1080p
- It works in a spacing of 5 to 15 feet away from your wall or screen
- Works on screen from 44-inches to 200-inches in size
- It is easy to connect to your favorite devices, including the Firestick, PS4, and others
- Has a built-in speaker for quality sound
- Adjustment of Focus and vertical keystone is manual
- This unit has one connection port
Epson VS250 SVGA projector
The Epson VS250 SVGA projector is an excellent option for anyone looking for a projector that works in different lighting. It is ideal for both indoors or outdoors, even with bright lights on. This unit is easy to set up, and it can work on the ceiling with a bracket.
This unit has an accurate and vivid color, even in well-lit spaces. This projector has a low sound fan that won’t distract you when you are watching movies. With eco-mode, the fan only puts out 28 dB
This unit can work in many settings. It is easy to set up and can be out of the box and ready for use in minutes. This projector can connect to various devices so you can view videos, pictures, and presentations. Other features are as below.
- Provides 3200 lumens of vibrant color
- Supports HDMI connectivity
- It includes a zoom button so you can zoom in or out without moving the projector
- Has less and clear setup steps
- The unit is compatible with most devices i.e., laptops and others
- It works well in lit rooms, which is ideal for classroom or office use.
- It is hard to mount on the tripod
- Have no speaker port to add extra sound options
YABER Native 1080P Projector 5000 Lumens Full HD Video Projector
This projector from YABER is an ideal option for schools, homes, or office use. It allows you to zoom in or out using the remote without having to move the projector. It is compatible with many types of devices and connections.
The YABER Native 1080p Projector has vertical and horizontal keystone correction to ensure your image is always a perfect rectangle. This feature makes watching movies, TV Shows, and videos more enjoyable.
This unit works from the ceiling if desire be. It comes with a remote control so you can easily adjust the unit even when it’s on your ceiling. You can reduce the projection size using the zoom button on the remote.
- Comes with a built-in dual stereo speaker for quality sound
- Has a quiet cooling system with three fans that run continuously
- It can work on a screen from 45 to 200 feet depending on the distance
- Has 5000 lumens for bright and dynamic contrast
- Its glass lens has five layers to provide a better picture when compared to many similar priced projectors
- Includes an eco-friendly function to extend the life of the lamp up to 70,000 hours of use
- It is larger and heavier than many other projectors
- The noise of fans on high may be disturbing if they are sitting close to it
ViewSonic 3600 Lumens SVGA High Brightness Projector
The ViewSonic 3600 Lumens SVGA Projector is versatile and easy to setup. This unit requires virtually no installation to use beyond plugging it in with the supplied power cord and connecting it to your devices.
This unit has 1080p support to provide you with an excellent picture when viewing your favorite content. It works well for indoor and outdoor use, school use, or for watching movies at home.
- It includes an eco-friendly mode to maintain lamp life for longer
- Has resolution support of VGA (640 by 480) to Full HD (1920 by 1080)
- Can work with screens ranging from 120-inch to 15’8”
- Noise range is 27 dB
- Image size is from 30 to 300inches
- It is easy to set up and control
- This unit does not have the best quality speaker when compared to other projectors
- Not designed with portability in mind
ViewSonic 3600 Lumens WXGA High Brightness Projector
This ViewSonic is a WXGA DLP projector. It comes with 3600 Lumens, which ensures fantastic color accuracy with a contrast ratio of up to 22000:1. That is, you get an excellent image quality. It supports 1.1x optical zoom with the vertical lens. Its aspect ratio is 16:10
This projector from ViewSonic can work on screens from 120″ to 15’8″ with 3600 lumens. It has a simple design that makes for easy setup, so you have the unit working in just minutes out of the box.
This unit from ViewSonic works well for home or office use. It includes the power cable, VGA cable, and remote control so you can adjust the unit from anywhere. It can connect to many different devices for viewing movies and pictures.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- 3D compatible
- Screen size range from 30 through 300 inches
- Its display type is DLP
- Super Eco mode saves the light so it can be of use for up to 15000hours
- It is useful in presentation, pictures, and videos
- Easy to use and setup
- The lamp comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Can connect easily to many different devices
- It uses DLP technology instead of LCD
- The connectivity of this projector is also flexible as it allows you to connect media players, Mac, PC, and smartphone with input units, including HDMI, VGA, and others
- Unit is more extensive than many other and not ideal for travel
- The lamp is not designed to last as long when not used in eco-mode
- It comes with a single HDMI
ViewSonic 1080p Projector with 3500 Lumens DLP 3D Dual HDMI
This projector from ViewSonic is ideal for gaming as it features technology to prevent delays. It can work on-screen up to 300″ in size. The projector includes a remote control, which makes it more significant for use at home, work, or in a classroom.
The ViewSonic 1080p Projector is a high-quality projector that would work well for professional use. This unit includes the power cable and can work with various devices for projection.
This unit from ViewSonic has reduced input latency, which helps minimize delay in delivering smooth images when playing games or watching fast action movies. It can support most types of media players, so you have access to your favorite shows and movies.
- Remote control for convenience
- It comes with a 3-year limited parts warranty
- Has a super-eco mode that allows the light to last up to 15000 hours
- Can connect easily to game consoles and other devices
- The projector can work with a screen up to 300″ in size
- It features a full HD picture
- It is expensive than others in the option list
- Lamp life is not as long as some of the other options
DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported 4Inch Mini Projector
The DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported mini projector from DR. J Professional includes a portable 100″ screen. This unit has excellent picture quality for viewing movies, TV Shows, and other types of entertainment. It’s compatible with laptops, USB connections, and other devices.
This unit is budget-friendly and compact. This projector is easily portable and features the latest in technology to provide you with a great viewing experience for any occasion. It comes with a 100″ projector screen, so you don’t have to purchase one separately. It could be of use at home, in the classroom, or for professional applications in the office.
- It has a contrast ratio of 2000:1
- Comes with an LED light that can last through around 40,000 hours of use
- Has an aspect ratio of 4:3/16:9
- Its small size and portable screen make this unit easy to travel with
- Used on a screen from 32″ in size up to 176″ in size
- It is compatible with many devices
- It is not recommended for use with PowerPoint, Word, or Excel presentations
- Doesn’t include the wireless HDMI dongle
VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
The VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector would work well in a home or small classroom. It comes with a quiet motor and an innovative cooling system for heat dispersion. The ideal projection distance is around 6.5”.
In case you need a projector that is easy to travel with for work or other obligations, then this unit is compact and perfect for you. This unit is lightweight and comes with a convenient case for travel or storage when not in use.
This unit from VANKYO is compatible with many of the most common devices for streaming movies and TV shows. It includes a long-life LED lamp that can last around 40,000 hours.
- It is compatible with PS4, HDMI, TV stick, and AV connections
- Includes a USB port
- Has 1290 by 1080 resolution for excellent picture quality
- Compact and easy to travel with
- Can connect to your smartphone and many other devices
- Noise suppression technology makes this unit quiet during use
- Does not have a built-in battery
- Max screen size is only 170.”
Factors to consider before buying Best 4k Projectors 2020
When it comes to buying the best Best 4k Projectors, the buyer makes the best decision based on his or her need. However, I thought it might be necessary to point out some of the considering factors that would guide you in making the best decision.
When it comes to projectors, there only two types of them DLP and LCD. Both have advantages and disadvantages in terms of picture quality, motion, and price. But the decision remains entirely on you.
DLP vs. LCD
- When it comes to 3D, you have to stick to this DLP.
- DLP projectors are brighter than LCD
- It ensures fast motion if compared to LCD
- As compared to LCD, you might see sharper picture quality with this typ
- Dark color’s rendering has always been a problem with DLP types of projectors.
- You possibly might face rainbow effect issues
- No issue with dark color’s rendering
- It is cheaper than DLP.
- It is not useful or ideal for 3D
- Fast motion is not as good as DLP.
I consider the screen size of the project the second most important key factor. It is a projector’s projection size, which we see on the wall or projector’s screen. Moreover, the distance between the projector and the display also matters. Hence keep length in mind too while setting up a projector.
Brightness matters most. So, when setting up the projector, the only thing you can do is to determine the brightness level as per your location, requirement, or needs. E.g., when using in a darker place, carry a projector with 1000 lumens, or if it’s in a brighter projector, take a projector with 3000+ lumens.
Just like the brightness of a projector, the contrast also works in the same way. There is a difference between dark and light, meaning an image you see on the screen can be more contrast or dimmer. So, you have to make sure you are buying a projector that has an excellent wide contrast range.
The projector requires a better resolution. However, it is not going to be simple as most of the projector comes with a fixed resolution. So, you should go for a project that has a wide array of fixed resolution that can allow you to choose according to your needs.
If a lamp or bulb life is of need, I would suggest that you go for a projector that has a bulb life up to 10000 hours or more.
When the connectivity comes to your mind, most probably you think of wireless or wired connection, right? Yes, both options are available for you: Bluetooth and HDMI. However, if you connect it via HDMI cable, you will get a better picture quality. So, make sure your projector has these connectivity options.
Make sure your projector is compatible with many devices, E.g., Mac and PC.
Thank you for having time to review the Best 4k projector 2020, and we hope you find the ideal projector that meets your requirements.