A cordless phone is a great convenience. If you or a loved one would like to able to answer a call without having to run to the base unit, a cordless phone lets you keep the receiver next to you and call or receive calls from anywhere in the house. But, if you or your family member’s hearing or vision isn’t what it used to be, you can find cordless phones with a brighter and larger display and touch buttons, to make it easier to make and receive calls.
Additionally, if you have parents or grandparents who live away from you, it is essential to find a way to communicate with them. Not only does it allow you to keep a check on that, but it also helps the elderly people get in touch with their care providers, nurses, and hospital staff, etc. in case of an emergency.
We have listed some of the best cordless phones with answering machines below. Take your time to go through each one of them and identify one with the features that you could be looking for.
Cordless Phone with Answering Machine Amazon
Below are our top choice based on factors we will discuss later on this article:
VTech DS6151 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone
VTech DS6151 is for homesteads that are busy or for people in the business. Most people prefer it because of its high-quality sound and also the interference-free call. People prefer it because of its convenience. It has a slot for two lines which saves you money because you only pay for one device yet you use both slots.
Additionally, it is expandable for up to 12 handsets which get held by just one jack. This makes it easy for the senior to answer calls from any room. The digital answering machine together with the caller ID also gives the elderly so much convenience. Anyone willing to spend on a worthwhile cordless phone should, therefore, go for VTech DS6151 2- Cordless Phone.
- High sound quality
- Good range
- Easy to install
- It’s easy to use
- Callers ID is shown
- Small memory
AT&T DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone
This cordless phone comes with big fonts which enables the seniors to dial the numbers easily. It is a feature that benefits people who have problems with their vision. Another great thing about this phone is that it announces the name of the caller. The seniors will, therefore, be able to tell who is calling even when they are far from the phone.
- Comes with an antenna: It helps in the filtering of noise for clarity purposes
- Also, it comes with a lit display that enables the seniors to see calls and messages as they come in.
- The backlit buttons enable the seniors to make and receive calls even when the lighting is poor
- The large display makes it easy for the elderly to use the cordless phone
- You can expand it up to 12 handsets
- Comes with a Large LCD
- The buttons are backlit hence can make calls even when there’s poor lighting
- It can get expanded for up to 12 phones
- Can store up to 50 phone numbers
- Someone working with a budget may find it expensive
PANASONIC Corded / Cordless Phone System
It comes with a large LCD which the seniors can adjust backward and forward for. This enables them to experience maximum readability. Also, its keypad is illuminated hence seniors can use the phone even when the room is poorly lit.
- Three one-touch dial pads are ideal for frequently called numbers
- With the sleek, multi-function base unit, you’ll have all the conveniences you need for home and home office calling
- When a call comes in the handset it will announce the name of the caller.
- Built-in Baby Monitor: A monitoring cordless handset in the baby’s room sends an immediate alert to the phone system’s base unit and any landline phone or cell phone
- Comes with a Large LCD screen for maximum readability
- The keyboard gets illuminated
- Has the great sound quality
- Has a feature that allows the user to reduce noise
- One can enhance their tone
- It comes with a baby monitor
- It is expensive for someone working on a low budget
Panasonic Expandable Cordless Phone DECT 6.0
This is a cordless telephone that accompanies an element that diminishes clamor. Its digitalized answering machine not just empowers the senior individuals to oversee commotion yet it is helpful as well. Panasonic likewise accompanies an element that permits you to explain six unique voices as you hear them out. What’s more, it has a lift volume which intensifies voice up to 40 dB. Additionally, the older can condition the volume up to 100 dB.
- A powerful battery back-up system keeps you connected when the power goes out.
- An enhanced version of DECT 6.0 technology improves transmission quality and range by increasing the frequency of error correction up to 80x.
- Intelligent Eco Mode automatically lowers the power consumption when using the handset close to the base unit.
- When a call comes in through your linked cell or Smartphone (Link2Cell), the handset will announce the name or phone number of the sender using the text-to-speech function.
- Gives you an ability to clear up to six voices
- It’s convenient
- Comes with a talking keyboard
- Comes with a power back up
- Has a feature that reduces the volume
- Can expand up to six handsets
- Comes with a talking caller ID
- Its power back up is powerful
- It is expensive
Clarity XLC3.4 can amplify any incoming sound as well as the outgoing speech. Its battery is dual power so you do not have to worry when the power goes out. It will still allow calls. Another great feature is its compatibility with the hearing aid.
Its large font enables the seniors to read text messages and see the name of the caller. This cordless phone also comes with dial pads that get illuminated. The seniors can, therefore, use it even when in a room that is poorly lit.
- Digital Clarity Power amplifies incoming sound up to 50+ decibels DECT 6.0 technology for interference-free communication Loud and clear speakerphone for hands-free conversations High contrast Caller ID screen with large font and Talking Caller ID Belt clip for hands-free mobility
- It’s loud and easy to use
- The speakerphone is loud and clear
- The ringer has an adjustable volume control
- It has large and high-contrast buttons
- It could be quite confusing to install the unit
Factors to consider before purchasing Cordless Phone with Answering Machine for Senior
Below are some of the features that you should look into when purchasing the Cordless Phone with Answering Machine for Senior.
If your goal is for the seniors to enjoy their phone calls on the go, you have to look for a phone that has excellent sound quality.
Ease of Use
Since it’s a senior that will handle the phone—the last thing you want is to make life harder for them. So, opt for a phone that’s easy to use if you’re going to keep communicating with them.
In a situation where a senior forgets to charge the cordless phone, where does that leave you when you need to communicate?
Message Storage Space
Some seniors love texting. The cordless phone you go for should, therefore have a large storage space for messages. This will help in ensuring that it does not reach its limit quickly.
Large Buttons and Controls
Buttons become harder to find or press. This is one reason why seniors need a phone with large buttons. It should also be easy to control. The ON and Off buttons should be easier to control. The face of the phone should be large. The font size should also be big enough.
We are sure that by now, you have an idea of the cordless phone to go for, especially one that will suit the needs of the seniors.