People gravitate towards hiking boots for their durability, ankle support and because they’re more effective at keeping your feet dry.
Exploring the great outdoors is both an exhilarating experience and an amazing cardio workout, but setting off in the wrong pair of hiking shoes can leave your feet sore and blistered.
Not only should your hiking shoes feel comfortable when you slip them on, but they should also be flexible, supportive, and have appropriate traction.
With hundreds of options available, at some point, every hiker wonders about how to choose the best women’s hiking boots that will be the most comfortable for them. From leather to mesh, to ankle stability or that barely-there feel, the market is full of different styles of hiking shoes and boots that look like they can get the job done. So, how do you choose?
Best Women’s Hiking Boots with Arch Support
To help you find your “soul mate,” here are the best women’s hiking boots in various categories, from full-on high ankle hiking boots to low ankle hiking shoes and lightweight trail runners.
Foxelli Women’s Hiking Boots
If you are looking for waterproof boots and seal out any moisture to keep your feet nice and dry even in the harshest weather, then Foxelli hiking boots are for you. It is from suede leather and breathable mesh. Additionally, it has a kingTex waterproof membrane which helps in achieving the qualities above.
What’s more important: performance or aesthetics? With Foxelli hiking boots, you never have to choose between the two! Stylish, youthful, and trendy, these trekking boots come in 3 different designs that will work for urban leisure just as well as for the trails.
- It has high-quality rubber soles which fully slip-proof and also feature advanced traction for better stability on challenging terrains
- Good arch and ankle support are also featured for a greater posture and balance!
- Two additional pairs of colorful non-slip shoelaces are also included!
Merrell Women’s Agility Peak Flex 3 Athletic Shoe
For more casual hiking, consider these lightweight hiking shoes. They’re low-cut boots with high-performing rubber outsoles and synthetic construction that are vegan-friendly and tested on trails with mud, dirt, sand, and rock.
The heel comes designed to provide added stability when making descents or sharp turns on a trail, and the flexible, shock-absorbing midsole allows more agility.
They come in wide sizes, and you can choose from six colors, including black, aqua, and orange.
- High-performance rubber sole with unmatched durability, stability, and slip resistance, providing confidence on your feet
- Hyperlock heel for security during descents and sharp turns
Manfen Women’s Hiking Boots
It’s made from durable waterproof material; the top-rated boots also feature 200 grams of Thinsulate insulation to keep your feet warm in temperatures of up to -30 degrees Celsius.
Even better, they provide ample ankle support and have a snowshoe strap ridge, so you can wear them while snowshoeing too.
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof
- Rubber toe cap protection and rubber outsole for optimal trail grip
- These boots feature a lighter weight construction that provides toecap and heel protection for comfort, protection & support around the ankle
- The EVA cupsole has an integrated composite shank to give you support when the going gets tough for stability, cushioning & shock absorption
- Breathable & reduces odor. feet stay dry during walks through mud and snow; even the terrain is hilly and uneven, you will feel comfortable for a full day
- HydroGuard seam-sealed internal membrane durable & breathable & wear-resistant keeps your feet dry and comfortable in all weather conditions
ARIAT Women’s Terrain Hiking Boots
They feature durable construction with an ergonomic design; these hiking boots are designed to last. These women’s hiking and endurance boots come prepared to take challenges head-on; In addition to being ready to tackle the trail, they’re also stirrup friendly to keep you comfortable on horseback as well.
- Featuring a lightweight EVA midsole for superior shock absorption and the duratread outsole for maximum wear resistance and flexibility, you’ll stay sure-footed and comfortable
- Ariat excels in advanced technologies to deliver products that outperform in various conditions
- Featuring the ATS technology, the Terrain hiking boots offer durability and all-day comfort
KEEN Women’s Terradora 2 Mid Height Leather Waterproof Hiking Boot
KEEN is the best-selling boot in 2021 on amazon. The Terradora II, as you might guess from the name, is the updated version of the super-popular KEEN Terradora
Long gone are the days spent hiking around in uncomfortable hiking boots. Just lace-up the Terradora II Mid Waterproof Hiker, and get ready for a solid dose of sunshine and happy feet.
These boots boast a Keen. A dry waterproof membrane that safeguards your foot from puddles and moisture, while the breathable mesh and synthetic upper assures ample ventilation, agility, and comfort.
The updated Terradora II feels and looks like a more substantial boot. Still, one of the big benefits of the Terradorra has always been their low weight, and despite the updated boot being much chunkier, it’s still surprisingly lightweight. Contributing to the more substantial look of the boots are the soles – a definite improvement, with better tread yet still maintaining good flexibility.
Even better than the original, the Terradora II are excellent lightweight and highly capable walking boots that provide high levels of comfort and stability in moderately rugged to challenging hiking terrain.
The chunkier soles dramatically improve these boots’ performance and provide good, although not exceptional, waterproofing levels.
- DRY waterproof, breathable membrane
- Performance mesh upper with overlays for a lightweight support
- ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher-traction grip
- Low-density EVA midsole caters to a woman’s foot
- Breathable mesh lining
- Removable, dual-density EVA insole with arch support for long-lasting comfort
- KonnectFit heel-capture system for a locked-in feel
- Women’s-specific fit
- Anatomical flex grooves for natural movement
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe
As soon as the snow melts, you can’t wait to grab your pack and start hiking again. This year, trust the Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot to help you check off your list of hikes near and far.
Built with sturdy leather uppers, the Newton comes accented with rubber and mesh for extra durability and ventilation, as well as a fully waterproof membrane to keep you dry on saturated spring trails.
With its ankle height, the Newton Ridge provides the support your lower half needs when you’re shouldering a daypack or weekend backpack. Springy midsoles keep you cushioned on loamy or rocky trails alike, while grippy rubber outsoles stick to slick rocks and exposed ridgelines to keep you surefooted on uneven terrain.
It’s waterproof and stylish built; this comfortable suede hiking boot gets inspired by classic mountaineering boots. The lightweight midsole gets cushioned yet supportive of keeping up with your most ambitious day trips.
Responsive, supportive cushioning and super-grippy rubber outsoles get geared for miles over rocks, grass, gravel, and roots.
- Fully sealed Omni-TECH waterproof membrane keeps feet dry
- Techlite midsole provides cushioning for all-day treks
- Durable leather and mesh uppers lend breathable support
- Ankle height adds support when shouldering heavier packs
Salomon Women’s OUTline Mid GTX W Hiking Boots
Some adventures are equal parts connecting with friends, having fun outside, and discovering new places. Sleek and stylish, OUTline MID GTX Women’s is ideally suited to such adventures, with lightweight and flexibility like a running shoe, but enough grip and waterproof protection for any trail.
The Salomon Women’s Outline Mid GTX Shoe brings the fast and light performance of a trail running shoe to the winter boot game.
This hiking boot provides waterproof protection and a lightweight layer of insulation without adding bulk. The mid-cut profile adds support and stability, and the seamless design maximizes comfort over long distances.
- The over-the-ankle height provides added ankle protection and stability
- Built using a running last with integrated features and great flexibility for a sleek, agile experience
- GORE-TEX waterproof, breathable liners keep your feet dry and comfortable regardless of the forecast
- Gusseted tongues keep debris out so you can focus on the trail
- Midfoot shanks add stability while allowing feet to move unencumbered
- Protective toe caps guard against rocks, roots, and other trail obstacles
- 5mm deep lugs with reverse chevron pattern help the nonmarking Contagrip® outsoles claw to any surface
XPETI Women’s Hiking Boot
Dozens of reviews for the XPETI Thermator mention its performance in the snow. If you are a very avid hiker, this boot is right for your needs; it will work very well hiking through rocky areas and wet mud.
Additionally, keep you from slipping on the rocks or tripping on the mud; feet stay dry during walks through mud and snow; even the terrain is hilly and uneven, you will feel comfortable for a full day. Add to cart today; you will love them for hiking. Just go back to nature and feel at ease.
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof keeps feet dry and warm
- Thinsulate insulation for -30 ℃. Keep the warmth in cold weather
- Works well when hiking through rocky areas and wet mud, prevent from slipping
- Aggressive sole to grab the rocks and give good traction integrated inserted EVA Midsole
Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot
Hiking boots are an absolute necessity for anyone who spends a lot of time in nature. And with so many different brands to choose from, finding just the right pair can be quite the task. One of those brands is Timberland, and today we will check out their White Ledge hiking boots.
Reach the summit in the Timberland White Ledge women’s hiking boot. Its waterproof leather upper is seam-sealed for the ultimate protection, while a dual-density EVA footbed offers elite-level cushioning. The rubber outsole features a rugged design for dependable traction on tough terrain.
They come equipped with an EVA dual-density footbed. That alone should provide you with plenty of comfort and arch support. But, if you usually need more support in hiking boots, then it’s a good thing that this footbed is removable. So take it out and replace it with your favorite one.
- Waterproof full-grain leather upper
- Seam-sealed construction
- Dual-density EVA footbed
- Lace-up front
- Solid rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs
Oboz Bridger Mid B-Dry Hiking Boot for Women’s
Oboz Women’s mid hiker provides excellent support, durability, and trail performance. With a lightweight TPU forefoot plate for added protection, B-DRY waterproofing, supportive heel cup, rubber toe guard, and aggressive Granite Peak outsole.
Leather never goes out of style, but there’s more to the Oboz Bridger Mid BDry Women’s Hiking Boot than its classic look.
Hiding behind the nubuck leather is a BDry waterproof and breathable membrane that makes the Bridger a confident bad-weather hiker so that you can conquer tough trails at altitude, in the lowlands, and everywhere in between without your feet becoming soggy or sweaty.
Tread with purpose and traction with the Granite Peak outsole that is toothy enough to grip but light enough to keep you moving fast. A nylon shank and TPU chassis support you underfoot so you can backpack and hike for days.
- Nylon mesh linings wick moisture, dry quickly, and further enhance breathability
- Deluxe footbeds feature a well-defined arch for support and nest perfectly inside the boots
- Dual-density EVA midsoles provide cushioning while keeping the boots light and agile
- B-Dry Waterproof breathable membrane
- Molded rubber toe cap and heel counter
- Fit insoles with low-density EVA pods
- TPU chassis
- Granit peak outsoles with toothy side lugs and 4mm directional lugs
- Waterproof nubuck leather uppers offer the right combination of breathability and protection to keep your feet dry on long treks; soft nubuck doesn’t require breaking in
- Nylon shanks and thermoplastic urethane forefoot plates offer torsional stability, increasing surefootedness on varied terrain
- Rubber randing on toes and heels helps protect the uppers from abrasion
Vasque Women’s Breeze Waterproof Breathable Hiking Shoe
If the name is any indication, it’s that the Vasque Breeze LT Low GTX Hiking Shoes are lightweight, streamlined, and more than happy to accompany you on everything from quick scrambles to longer day hikes. Built with a low profile that engenders easy mobility, the Breeze LT features both the waterproof protection of Gore-Tex and the unbeatable tread of Vibram soles.
The fully bonded construction of synthetic microfiber and abrasion-resistant mesh reduces seams and possible hotspots for a lightweight, comfortable, and durable upper. TPU infused mesh gets molded to add structural support to the lacing system without adding weight, and a simple and effective speed lace system dials in fit for long days on the trail.
- Low weight/high performance
- Vibram Light base with Megagrip compound
- The comfort of a trail runner
- Extended Comfort Technology
- Moisture Wicking Textile Lining
KEEN Women’s Terradora 2 Hiking Boot
The KEEN Women’s Terradora II MID Waterproof Boot is a hiking boot that repels water for better traction and comfort on the trails. KonnectFit heels lock you in place for expert performance and the KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsoles add a level of necessary grip.
The women’s specific Terradora II Mid WP boot is a superb light hiker with sleek style lines. Lightweight, cushioned and protected by Keen. Dry, it delivers all-season performance. A mid-height collar that features a cushioned panel to reduce pressure on the Achilles provides the comfort and support you can rely on to achieve your outdoor goals.
- Low-density EVA midsole caters to a woman’s foot
- all-terrain rubber outsole for higher-traction grip
- Anatomical flex grooves for natural movement
- 3mm Multi-directional lugs for traction
- Stability shank delivers lightweight support
- Konnectfit heel-capture system for a locked-in feel
- dry waterproof, breathable membrane
- Eco anti-odor for freshness
- PFC-Free durable water repellent
- Performance mesh upper with overlays for lightweight support
- Breathable mesh lining
- The cushion panel takes the pressure off the Achilles
Danner Mountain 600 Hiking Boot 4.5″ women’s
The Vibram SPE midsole and Fuga outsole combination give an unparalleled grip on wet and dry surfaces while providing superior cushioning without the weight. Designed to withstand the climate and terrain of the Pacific Northwest, we utilized a rugged, waterproof suede upper and Danner Dry waterproof protection.
Its midsole construction ensures the right combination of support, rebound, cushioning, and stability for comfort and confidence when you’re out on the trail.
Danner also wanted to make sure the Mountain 600 was versatile enough for everyday wear, so they gave it a low-profile DPDX last to make it equally at urban home exploring as it is in the wilderness.
- Waterproof full-grain leather upper
- Danner Dry waterproof protection
- Cushioning, open-cell PU OrthoLite footbed
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on a wet and dry surface
- Perforated, moisture-wicking collar breaks in easily and supports the ankle
- Removable polyurethane OrthoLite footbed cushions feet
- TPU heel frame provides lightweight support and stability
Salomon Women’s Cross Hike Mid GTX W Boots
Designed to rise to all your outdoor challenges, it makes the transition from hiking to trail riding possible. The sole unit of the Cross Hike Mid Gtx guarantees both exceptional grips thanks to its multidirectional studs and its contagrip outsole.
Cushioning, energy transfer, and stability of this shoe get ensured by the EnergyCell+ midsole. The molded ortholite sole provides the Cross Hike Mid Gtx with durability, breathability, and cushioning.
This mid-height shoe provides good ankle protection, while its lacing system ensures a personalized fit and good foot support. Its rubber stone guard and Gore-tex membrane will protect your feet from the elements.
- Rugged yet versatile hiking boots for tackling varied trails
- Gore-Tex protection delivers waterproof, breathable comfort
- Synthetic uppers offer durable protection on rocky trails
- The high-rebound midsole provides energy return and cushioning
- Molded footbeds match the contours of your foot
- Lugs designed to bite deeply with multidirectional grip
- Strong, minimalistic laces tighten with a single pull
- Feather construction wraps uppers with midsole for improved fit
KEEN Women’s Targhee Vent Mid Hiking Boot
Independent owned, and values-led, portland, Oregon-based KEEN inspires outdoor adventures, putting their passion for original style and unparalleled comfort into every shoe.
Mesh paneling adds breathability to a waterproof, oiled leather sneaker that’s perfect for hitting the hiking trails. A cushioned EVA footbed and resilient internal shank provide support, while the lugged, all-terrain rubber sole offers a high-traction grip.
- Mesh panels for breathability
- Speed hooks for easy lace adjustment
- Injected TPU heel capture system for stability
- ESS shank offers lightweight support
- Resilient, internal shank
- 4mm multi-directional lugs for traction
- Cleansport NXT™ for natural odor control
Factors to Consider When Buying Best Hiking Boots with Arch Support
Hiking boots should fit snug everywhere, tight nowhere, and offer room to wiggle your toes. Below are factors we used in selecting our best list
Decode the Styles
Like sneakers, hiking boots are for specific types of trekking. Are you a casual hiker, or do you spend more time deep in the mountains than at home? Knowing the difference will be integral in determining which hiking boots will best suit your needs.
- Light hiking shoes
A burly version of running shoes, these hiking boots are better referred to as shoes. They’re perfect for day hiking, although many long-distance backpackers wear this style for an ultra-light fit, as well.
- Mountaineering boots
These are the boots for you if you’re traversing rocky territory, glacial trails, or snowy paths. They’re built to handle a heavy load and can stand up against the toughest terrain.
- Backpacking boots
These boots get made for a variety of terrain, both on and off the trail. If you’re heading out for a multi-day trek, these are the boots for you; their stiff sole and durability will help you fight through almost any conditions.
The kind of terrain you will be on
Will you be traveling across roads, rocks, or mud? It’s crucial to consider what your hiking shoes (and, consequently, your feet) will get exposed to. Not only does terrain impact wear and tear, but it will also dictate what type of features you might need.
When it comes to hiking boots, the material is of grave importance. The wrong fabric can make your feet hot, uncomfortable, and cramped. Find the right material for ultimate trail comfort, e.g., Synthetics, Split-grain leather, Full-grain leather, and more.
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the bells and whistles of a product and ignore fit all together. As you try on each pair of hiking boots, please give them the size test to be sure they’re the best fit for you.
Hiking Boot Midsoles
The midsole, which provides cushioning, buffers feet from shock and largely determines a boot’s stiffness. Stiff boots might not sound like a good thing, but for long hikes on rocky, uneven terrain, they can mean greater comfort and stability.
Choosing the right hiking boots is a matchmaking process. Your dream hiking boots need to sync with how and where you hike. Before you tie the knot, though, you also have to be sure they’re a perfect fit. We hope our article guides you into getting the best hiking boots. Feel free to share with friends and family members.