Best Webcam Under $100
The best webcams became a must-have at the start of this year, and have only become more essential now that working and learning from home is the new normal. These cameras are critical for communicating easily during important work calls, and an essential part of any aspiring YouTuber or Twitch streamer’s toolkit.
Even if your laptop has a built-in camera, you’ll want a dedicated webcam for showing up clearly during conference calls. And if you’re a content creator, several high-end models will allow you to capture in 4K or broadcast at a smooth 60 frames per second.
The webcam market is in a strange place right now. Normally, we would just give you our recommendations for which options we think have the best specs for the price, but most of those recommendations got sold out for months and continue to sell out as soon as new stock comes in. We’ll still discuss those a little further down in this list.
Types of Webcams
Three webcam types exist. Each works well, but you’ll get a slightly different menu of features with each type.
An integrated webcam can get embedded in a laptop or tablet screen. You’ll see a tiny lens built into the border of the display screen. No cabling is needed for this type of webcam, and conveniently, the required software is pre-installed on the device.
If you purchase a single webcam that you intend to connect via cable to a computer or tablet, you’ll be using a standalone webcam. You can expect a higher resolution video from a standalone webcam versus an integrated webcam.
Security webcams get designed to work in tandem, covering an entire room or building. A security webcam uses an Ethernet connection, allowing it to pass the video stream through a very fast network connection. It may connect to its hard drive on the network where it stores the video for a certain amount of time. Users can access the video over the internet
Best PC Webcam Under 100
AUSDOM AF640 Full HD 1080p/30fps Video Calling
The Ausdom 1080P AF640 Auto Focus Video Camera with Microphone is a Webcam that works with many applications including Skype, YouTube, Facebook Live Streaming, etc. It is Plug and Play and is compatible with Mac OS, Android, and Windows 10/8/7/XP.
This Ausdom unit is quite pricey for a 1080p webcam but it’s a solid product with some useful features. First among these is its wide-angle view, which makes it possible to include several people in the shot, even if they’re quite close to the camera. The second is that, along with a hinged clip, which gets designed to make it easy to attach to the top of your screen, the camera gets equipped with a 3/4in tripod thread, so you can mount it wherever you fancy.
- Audio quality is so-so, and mono only despite the description saying it’s stereo
- Resolution: 1080p
- Focus: Automatic
- Audio: Built-in microphone with noise reduction
- Mount type: Desktop/clip
- Cable length: 2m
- The image is sharp and the camera adapts pretty well to tricky lighting conditions
- Good build quality
- The 1/4′-20mm built-in mount
- Long USB cable
- The Plug-n-Play capability
- Better low light performance
Logitech C920x Pro HD Webcam
The C920 uses a plastic clip to grab on to your monitor. The clip doubles as a decent stand when you need to situate it on your desk. At the stand’s underside is a standard tripod mounting hole, convenient for when you need a steadier platform. I wish the stand was detachable, though, as it would make packing considerably easier.
Functioning much as a standard webcam ought to, the Logitech C920 boasts some impressive performance, in addition to the Carl Zeiss Tessar lens and 1080p resolution, this camera can take 15-megapixel snapshots, comes complete with two built-in microphones for stereo sound, and a base that can get mounted onto the top of a monitor, laptop, or screwed onto a stable tripod
- Stereo audio with dual mics – Capture natural sound on calls and recorded videos.
- HD lighting adjustment and autofocus – The C920x automatically fine-tunes to the lighting conditions to produce bright, razor-sharp images even if you’re in a low-light setting.
- Crystal clear 1080p calls through Skype without needing to change any settings
- Stylish soft blue recording lights means that you know when you’re on the air without getting distracted
- Built-in stereo microphones capture audio wonderfully and from virtually any range you would think is comfortable
- Some of the extra features seem to make the software less stable
- The camera has less than 90 degrees of swivel, but the camera is small and light enough that it can be creatively worked around
NexiGo USB FHD Web Computer Camera
The NexiGo PC Webcam can provide you with excellent video quality with live streaming and record up to 1080p at 30 frames per second. Focal length 3.6mm glass lens provides a sharper image. It is a great choice for callings
- Built-in dual digital stereo microphone with auto noise cancellation and superior stereo audio for clear and natural sound recordings.
- The privacy cover for the NexiGo PC Webcam covers the lens when it is not in use which prevents web hackers from spying on you.
- No additional drivers or software are required.
- Great for webinars, video conferencing, live streaming
- Designed with the standard UVC/UVA protocol USB connector so it can get used with nearly any device with a USB port.
- 1080P Full HD Webcam
- Noise-Cancelling Technology
- 360 Degree Adjustable Rotation
- Auto light correction
- 360 Degree Adjustable Rotation
- Works with Most Major Software
- Easy to install
- It’s a plug and plays
2020 NexiGo N60 USB Computer Camera
The privacy cover for the NexiGo PC Webcam covers the lens when it is not in use. It’s perfect to help provide security, and peace of mind to anyone, from individuals to large companies. It also helps to protect the lens from dirt and debris to ensure your video remains clear for the life of the camera.
- The built-in Noise-canceling microphone reduces ambient noise to enhance the sound quality of your video.
- The fixed focal length lens captures high def video at an ultra-wide-angle of up to 110 degrees that is great for presentations.
- Works with USB 2.0, NO additional drivers are required.
- The 110° ultra-wide-angle lens in the NexiGo PC Webcam shows even more of your scene than a normal camera, and when shown on a 16:9 widescreen display you can get the most from your images.
- Designed with the standard UVC/UVA protocol USB connector so it can get used with nearly any device with a USB port
- This webcam is a foldable design
- Its plug and play
- Some customer complained about image quality
4K HD Webcam with Microphone
This webcam comes with advanced technology and wide application, ultra HD camera with facial enhancement technology optimizes the image automatically, which makes you look great in recording, video calling, online teaching, gaming. PC webcam widely works with windows 2000, XP, 7, 8, 10 and above, mac OS, chrome OS, smart TV, android, etc, compatible with Skype, obs, YouTube, Facebook, twitch, facetime, zoom, Xbox one, hangouts and more
- Unique play pause function and facial enhancement
- Plug and play
- Tripod ready clip
- 6ft USB power cable
- No additional driver is required- you just need to plug the USB camera into your device’s USB port.
- It also features a tripod ready adjustable universal clip with a 1.8m 6ft USB power cable that fits laptops, desktops, computers, mac, PC, LCD monitors meet your multi-angle needs
- Not only can this camera absorb audio within 12ft, but also automatically reduce noise in the background and transfer dialogue automatically and clearly.
- No additional drivers or software are required, this webcam can easily plug and play.
- High image quality
- Comes with a tripod and clip-on cover
- Plenty of tilting range
- Color can be lacking
- No swivel
- Images appear zoomed in
Factors to Consider When Choosing Best Webcam Under $100
A good webcam for most people should meet all of these basic criteria, which we used as guidelines for our research
We considered only those models that support auto-focus. This feature allows webcams to adjust their focus when you move closer to or farther away from the camera or when you hold something up in front of it, so you always look sharp.
Resolution and frame rate
We favored cameras that support at least a full high-definition video (1920×1080, or 1080p resolution) at 30 fps, which is useful for the streaming apps that support it and for video recorded locally.
Automatic brightness and color correction
You should be able to manually adjust these settings if you want to, but any good webcam should give you a decent image without requiring you to fiddle with settings.
A larger field of view
A larger field of view (measured diagonally) means the people you’re chatting with can see more of you and your room at once. But for video chatting, a larger view isn’t that important, and most webcams offer roughly the same field of view anyway.
A decent microphone
Most webcams include a noise-canceling microphone so that you can be easily heard when you’re chatting in a room with a little ambient noise (like a ceiling fan).
A high-quality HD webcam for streaming games is required to keep in touch with the audience and attract subscribers. In our list above we have discussed first-class webcams that can also get used for video calls via Skype or Google Hangout. You can also use this webcam to zoom calls, train webbing, video chat with customers or friends, video conferencing, video podcasts, video conferencing, etc.
More best lists at Bicity Reviews