Best Electric Scooter for Climbing Hills
What is the Best Electric Scooter
Electric scooters are generally made for riding on the flat surfaces. But some manufacturers went one step further to bring the e-scooters that can even climb the hills. They typically arrive with more powerful, high-torque motor and batteries to make riding uphill possible. If you are searching for an e-scooter that can smoothly roll over the uneven-hill terrains, then you should go for one of the best electric scooters for climbing hills.
We have realized that people who live around hilly regions have a hard time when it comes to purchasing electric scooters to maneuver the slopes. As a result, we’ve conducted enough research to find electric scooters that have enough power to deliver optimum performance on such terrains. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide to help you get the best electric scooter for climbing hills.
Safety precautions when using an electric scooter
Riding an electric scooter is fun, but the tables can turn quickly if you don’t take the necessary safety precautions when using yours. Here are some of the safety tips you need to implement.
- Always ensure that your electric scooter is in tip-top condition before riding it. You must check it thoroughly.
- Make sure that you are careful when riding it, and always pay attention to where you are riding, especially if it’s in a crowded place.
- Get yourself the necessary safety gear to use whenever you ride your scooter. The protective gear that you should have include: a helmet, and elbow and knee pads.
- Watch yourself when riding on slippery surfaces or during bad weather. However, we recommend you avoid slippery surfaces.
What is the Best Electric Scooter on the Market
Gotrax XR Elite Electric Scooter, 18.6 Miles Long-range Battery
You won’t win any drag races on the GoTrax XR Ultra, but this affordable electric scooter will get you where you need to go. Its 8.5-inch air-filled tires provided a comfortable ride, even without any extra suspension, and its 300-Watt motor was powerful enough to get us moving.
The XR Ultra isn’t too heavy, so most people should be able to carry it up a flight of stairs. However, we found the locking mechanism on the rear fender to be a bit temperamental. Overall, though, it’s a good electric scooter at a good price.
- Good performance for the price
- No rear brake lights
- A little tricky to assemble
Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter
If you’d rather sit for the frenzied commute across the metropolis, the Razor EcoSmart Metro is an affordable option. This scooter features a seat and a large bamboo deck for resting your feet while riding, as well as a rack on the back of the vehicle for carting around things like groceries.
The scooter has a maximum speed of 18 mph and lasts up to 10 miles per charge. The EcoSmart Metro isn’t a high-performance vehicle, nor is it very portable. (Some riders on Amazon swapped in a higher-capacity battery pack). But it’s a good option for casual commuters and first-time scooter riders.
- Easy to control
- Rear luggage storage
- Too heavy to carry upstairs
- Not good at scaling hills
Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter
The Segway Ninebot Max Electric Kick is large and heavy — more than 40 pounds — but it’s all battery weight. With an estimated range of 40 miles, it has more than double the range of most other scooters, making it the best electric scooter for those who have long rides.
And, with a powerful rear-wheel drive 350-Watt motor and large 10-inch inflatable tires, the Max Electric Kick will not only be able to get up hills with ease but do so comfortably, too. In our tests, it was second only to the Unagi in maintaining its speed as we went up steep inclines.
- Apart from the outstanding design, the new Ninebot Max G30LP is designed to be sturdier, and even more powerful.
- One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts, please refer to warranty information in product details below
- Smart Battery Management System delivers high power supply and closely monitors the status to ensure battery safety.
- Regenerative Braking System helps recycle energy from riding and provides a longer range.
- Three modes can get switched by double-clicking the LED dashboard to meet your different riding styles.
- Comfortable ride
- Great range
- Lightweight & Foldable
Razor E100 Electric Scooter – Daisy
If you are looking for an affordable scooter for your kid to go around the neighborhood and you reside in a hilly area, then you might consider starting with the E100 Electric Scooter. The scooter features an all-steel frame and fork, which enhances its durability. It runs on a 24V sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system that allows your kid to ride it continuously for up to 40 minutes. It also comes with a battery charger.
- The scooter also includes an 8-inch pneumatic front tire, plus a urethane rear wheel
- You shouldn’t worry much about the safety of your kid when riding this scooter because it got designed with a hand-operated front brake that’s easy to use.
- The scooter also achieves maximum speeds of 10 miles per hour, which is a safe speed for a young person.
- This scooter includes a retractable kickstand, which is beneficial for a rider who gets on and off the scooter constantly.
- The E100 got designed with a twist-grip acceleration control, whereas it runs on a kick start, high-torque, chain-driven motor.
- It delivers the required riding power
- It has a good downhill and uphill performance
- It has a wide footrest
- The pneumatic front tire absorbs shock
- It has a high-torque motor
- Economically priced
- It has a sturdy construction
- The brakes do not allow instant stopping
- The rear tire can easily slide
Razor E300 Electric Scooter
When the summer arrives, it’s hard to keep your child at home within the safety of the four walls. One way to help them enjoy the summer months could be by purchasing Razor’s E300s Electric Scooter. It’s a motorized scooter that will help your kids fulfill their need for maximum speed as they race down the roads with their friends
- Razor E300 Electric Scooter has a quiet engine, reliable acceleration control, a 24-volt motorized battery, and can speed down the road at up to 15 miles per hour.
- Razor E300 electric scooter has a 24-volt battery and can get ridden for up to 45 minutes after battery charging.
- The Razor E300 electric scooter is ideal for kids over 6 years old and can get ridden by both teens and adults alike.
- The scooter supports people that weigh up to 220lbs, which makes it one of the most versatile scooters out on the market today
- One thing to consider is to not allow kids younger than 6 to play with the scooter since it’s a rather heavy and giant toy that could easily fall and crush them if they are not supervised.
- Perfect for adults & teenagers
- Goes at 15 miles per hour
- Larger deck
- Wider Tires
- Quick assembly
- Retractable Kickstand
- Rechargeable battery
- Doesn’t do very well going uphill
- Economically priced
- It has a sturdy construction
Drive Medical Phoenixhd4 Phoenix 4 Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter
Do you like traveling and climbing in hilly areas? Well if yes then we have an excellent travel partner for you. The Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter is the best mobility scooter for hills. Its wheels provide you a good grip on uneven hilly areas. There are several undeniably amazing features of this Scout scooter.
- The carrying basket at the front is favorable to take little things anywhere.
- Ergonomic throttle control is light on the wrist.
- The easy freewheel control makes it the best electric scooter for climbing hills.
- Its maximum speed is 4.25 mph and a weight capacity of 300lbs.
- The swivel seat is height adjustable and the backrest can get folded down.
- This best mobility scooter for steep hills comes with adjustable padded armrest.
- The Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter with a nice look
- These Electric scooters are very powerful with 4 wheels
- These electric scooters are very hard to drive
Factors to Consider Before Buying Best Electric Scooter for Climbing Hills
Buying an electric scooter to help you maneuver a hilly area is not as easy as ABC. There are a lot of factors you need to keep in mind to ensure that you get a scooter that will deliver maximum performance. Furthermore, you will find a lot of electric scooters that you could choose from on the market, and selecting the right one might prove a daunting task.
If you are a first-time buyer or whether you don’t know the critical features to look out for, we are here to help you out. To make a good purchase decision, here’s what you need to consider.
Motor and battery
When you venture into the market to get an electric scooter, some of the most important specs to watch out for are it’s motor and battery. Why are these features so important? Well, the motor gives your electric scooter the energy to move forward.
Ultimately, your scooter needs more energy when going uphill; therefore, you need to get a scooter whose motor has enough power to climb hills. You will find electric scooters with a motor power of 250W, while, others have up to 2000W. The higher the motor power, the better.
You will find a variety of brands of electric scooters on the market, and each has a distinct weight limit. Technically, the heavier you are, the slower your electric scooter goes. The speed will be much slower when you’re going uphill, and you wouldn’t want to get a scooter that will disappoint you in the middle of the hill. We suggest you get a scooter whose weight capacity matches up to your body weight.
You should never purchase an electric scooter without looking at the tires on its wheels. You must ensure that the tires on the scooter you would like to purchase have a good grip. A good grip allows you to ride uphill and downhill seamlessly. Besides, the tires should have good friction so that you can ride it in such areas even when it is rainy. Such tires prevent accidents. Moreover, we would suggest that you settle for a scooter with large wheels over one with small ones. Why so? Wider wheels can support more weight.
Usually, you get a scooter to let you move from place to place. You might need to go with it to your office or going shopping. You may need to carry it once in a while, especially when going over obstacles that you can’t ride over, and a heavy scooter would give you plenty of trouble carrying it. Therefore, we recommend getting a portable electric scooter to handle such instances easily. You will find plenty of lightweight electric scooters on the market, some of which are foldable.
If you need the best electric scooter for climbing hills, we have reviewed some of the best on the market in the product review section in this article. When buying one of these products, ensure to get one that has enough power to handle the steep ground. It should also be sturdy enough and have a good braking system.