Let’s be honest. Nothing kick starts your day like a finely brewed cup of coffee. Sometimes you are busy or would love to sip on a cup that is at your convenience. Sometimes it’s just time that becomes a bother. Single-cup brewers fill the gap by providing speed and an uncompromising quality cup of coffee.
Single-serve coffee machines have been developed to brew anything from ground, lattes, cappuccino and espressos without necessarily dwelling too hard in your pocket. Single-serve is well deserved and help you experience gourmet coffee without visiting your favourite barista.
For that personalized cup of coffee, we have listed the best coffee maker for one person below.
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
At the touch of a button, you will enjoy your favourite cup of coffee. It is so seamless and easy that you will not overthink about making coffee. Keurig K-classic will brew 6, 8 and 10-ounce k-cup pod sizes. All making different brew strengths.
Keurig K-classic is very practical; it brews one cup of coffee in under a minute. It has a 48-ounce water reservoir for more brewing. You will not have to refill after every brew. The brewer is programmable and will turn off after two hours from the last brew.
The drip tray is removable to first allow easy cleaning and second while accommodating a travel mug. Enjoy the perfect brew every time.
- One of the most popular long-time models out of Keurig’s lineup, it’s an easy-to-use single-serving coffee machine.
- Ideal for single homeowners or small offices, it’s one of the simplest models and comes at a reasonable price point. Its 48-ounce water tank can brew six cups of coffee in one go, and the water tank is removable for easy cleaning.
- Compatible with K-cups between six and 10 ounces, it comes with two free water filters and four K-cups.
- Has a huge water reservoir
- Easy to clean
- The direct user interface makes it easy to control
- Its energy sufficient
- Does not make strong coffee
Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
This coffee maker is your friend. It will brew an 8-ounce cup in 90 seconds and a 14-ounce travel mug in 2.5 minutes. How great is that? The coffee can be brewed standard or bold. It is easy to clean and simple to use.
The permanent mesh filter comes in handy. The mesh filter is the scoop, thus its name. You can brew your choice of coffee grounds directly by putting the scoop into the machine, push the button and voila! Have coffee. The automatic shutoff comes in handy after brewing.
- Adjustable tray to fit different mug sizes
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Scoop doubles as filter for easy dosing
- Coffee strength selector
- Ease of use- straightforward
- The reusable filter saves time
- Adjustable drip tray
- Spillage- it’s prone to overflow spillage
- It cannot be programmed
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, Aluminum – EN124S
The Nespresso pixie delivers unique and exceptional taste. It is not significant in size (11.1cm W x 23.5cm H x 32.6cm L) and will fit even in small kitchens. It not only is big for space-saving only but also for energy saving. It switches off automatically after nine minutes of inactivity.
It is easy to use as the tactile interface offer one-touch control with two programmable buttons making espresso and Lungo. The Nespresso Pixie has a 19 bar high-pressure pump producing barista style cup of coffee and extracting the best flavour for your coffee.
This machine is programmed to produce a strong cup of coffee for you without making you work very hard.
- 19 bar pump for best pressurized extraction
- Quick and easy to use
- Compact and portable coffee machine: it won’t take up too much space on your countertop
- Ease of use
- High-pressure pump
- Saves energy by shutting off after nine minutes
- It will only work with Nespresso capsules.
Adir chef Single Serve Coffee Maker – Mini Coffee Maker
When you want flexibility and ease, look no further than Adir single-serve coffee maker. It’s perfect for tight spaces and ideal for people on the move. It has a thermal mug that will keep your coffee warm on your commute. The universal design of the mug is equipped with a comfort grip band and will fit most vehicle cup, holders.
This model has a permanent filter and uses ground coffee. It brews a 15-ounce mug and shuts down automatically once it’s done with brewing. All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
Having the capsule less system offers freedom while choosing beans or grounds. Grab yours and take your coffee to go.
- Tiny and light enough to be easily portable
- Easy to use
- Comes with a stainless-steel travel mug
- A permanent filter means less waste
- The parts are dishwasher-safe!
- This model is easy to use
- Has a permanent filter reducing waste emission
- It’s small and very portable
- Uses ground coffee only.
- It is slower on brewing.
Slowly Coffee Machine Grind and Brew 2 In 1
This machine comes with not only a built-in grinder but also two brewing options. Instantly grinds beans, and brewing commences after that. You can have freshly ground coffee or whole bean options. That is how you have the freshest coffee every morning.
The Sboly coffee machine is fitted with fine and coarse grinding options so you can have your coffee any way like them. The drip tray will have adjustable on two levels while brewing on a mug and a cup.
The one-touch pause feature will halt an active brew or grinding but resume as you like. The machines detachable accessories make cleaning easier and are dishwasher safe.
- Sboly’s single serve drip coffee maker with a built-in grinder. Instantly grinds whole coffee beans for the freshest cup of coffee.
- Whether you want to use whole coffee beans or pre-ground coffee, this innovative machine will allow you to do both
- This coffee machine is equipped with fine and coarse grinding options for coffee grounds any way you like them.
- Built-in grinder for fresh coffee
- Easy to clean
- Does not work very hard- System will shut off after 8 times of brewing.
BLACK+DECKER Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffeemaker
This model allows that you brew a single fresh 15 oz coffee on a stainless steel travel mug. It has a permanent grounds filter eliminating the need for paper filters. The filter also works with soft pods. Black+Decker is perfect on all areas budget. The automatic shut off after brewing ensures energy saving.
Black+Decker is dishwasher safe with an easy to remove brew basket. It will save space due to its compact design. The way it works hard cannot be ignored. Get it for the best price and coffee too.
- Removable parts, mug and lid are top rack dishwasher safe
- Reusable, removable filter
- The stainless steel thermal travel mug included with purchase fits most car cup holders
- Convenient cord storage underneath the brewer
- Can be used for to make hot water for tea, hot chocolate or instant soup
- Compact design fits well in limited spaces
- It is pocket friendly
- Brews a fast cup of coffee
- Easy to use
- Does not fit all travel mugs
- Coffee, if not consumed immediately, will go cold due to automatic shut off.
Mixpresso Single Cup Coffee Maker
The Mixpresso single cup machine is a one-time press button machine, and there, your coffee is delivered. The quick brewing technology brews your favourite ground almost instantly. We recommend it as it is so hassle-free and precisely what you need to start your day.
The Mixpresso single-cup machine uses single-cup pods or grounds coffee with a preheating time of two minutes. It is perfect for anyone living alone and can be programmed to brew 4 to 12 oz cup of coffee.
I5 minutes of inactivity automatically shut off the machine, saving energy. It is easy to clean the k cups coffee pods drawer under the tap. With this coffee machine, you do not waste your money, effort or time anymore!
- It is an instant coffee maker and takes very little time to get you a fresh cup of coffee.
- It will be the first thing that you would operate in the morning every day.
- The product is made of high-quality material which ensures the durability of it.
- At this price range, you can’t resist buying this awesome coffee maker.
- Hassle-free cleaning- removable parts can be washed under the tap
- Automatic- one press of a button does all.
- Compact design makes it best for small spaces and travel.
- Coffee may taste/ smell bad before it’s cleaned with vinegar for first-timers.
- Brews only 12 oz for coffee lovers who want more.
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
It is less than five inches wide and won’t take much space.
So, you can keep it anywhere you like.
This is the perfect way to start a day as it makes amazing rust free coffee.
It is also energy efficient, and this is one of the best things about this product.
All in all, it is a great product, and you can definitely consider purchasing it.
- Inexpensive and easy to use
- Compact & lightweight
- Compatible with all K-Cups
- Available in several fun colors
- Multiple Variants
- Compact Size
- The design could have been better
Cuisinart SS-10P1 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
As with the Mixpresso, you can use the Cuisinart with any K-cup style coffee. It can brew multiple sizes (4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz). It also allows you to adjust the brew temperature, and has a hot water feature for tea or cocoa.
The SS-10 is one of the fastest brewers, giving you a hot cup in under a minute. And with its large, removable 72 oz reservoir, you can brew many cups before you need to add more water.
This Premium coffee maker also includes a HomeBarista reusable filter cup so you can brew your favorite roast one cup at a time.
- Large 72-ounce removable water reservoir
- Built-in charcoal water filter offers best tasting coffee
- Blue backlit LCD display makes programming easier
- Fast brewing time (under 60 seconds)
- Can use any K-cup style pods
- Brews from 4 oz to 12 oz mugs
- Doesn’t accommodate tall travel mugs
Buyers Guide for best coffee maker for one person
Deciding on buying a single-serve coffee could be a personal journey out of your needs for flexibility or just for the love of caffeine. Purchasing a single-serve does not mean you live alone or are the only drinker in your house, no. It covers a broad aspect of coffee drinkers ranging from speed, convenience to variety.
A coffee maker for one person may also have different varieties of coffee making options. So maybe you are looking for a simple, varied or advanced. There will be different coffee makers to turn your kitchen onto the home barista.
Keeping in mind, we have listed below a list of considerations when shopping for a single-serve so that you find one that fits your needs.
1. Pods or grounds
You will find that many single-serve machines come singly for pods, ground coffee or both. You might have to choose one or the other in the end. Pods/ capsules are more accessible and faster brewing methods than the fresh grounds but are not excellent with taste.
Coffee capsules/ pods are convenient in terms of time and consistency, making buying a comparison between these two factors. Fresh grounds will beat the capsule any time on taste and flavour.
2. Variety in brews
Not all single-serve machines have just one single purpose. This could or could not be the reason why you need one. Some have the one-touch ability, while others have various crafts of drinks. Brew sizes could be an option to consider or purely for the features.
You are spoiled for choice here, and it would be a great idea to consider whether you want drip, bold, espresso or latte.
3. Serving sizes
Many of the machines we have listed here have variations in the cup that you can brew, starting from 4 oz to big cups holding up to 15 oz. They have an adjustable tray to avoid spills when you change your cup size.
4. Brew speeds
The single-serve coffee machine may be suitable for people with tight schedules, but that does not mean they are not built to create outstanding coffee. Time is a factor here compared to a traditional brewer, which is slower or brews more coffee.
Depending on the machine and the type of brew you need, time can vary from under a minute to five minutes. It’s here that speed becomes a choice of priority over brew type.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Single Serve Coffee Makers Worth It?
Whether single-serve coffee makers are worth buying depends on your preferences. If you like the convenience and are often in a hurry, this type of coffee maker is perfect for you. It brews fast, makes just enough coffee for your daily needs, and leaves no mess.
2. How Do You Clean a Single Serve Coffee Maker?
You clean a single serve coffee maker according to the cleaning instructions in the manual. Or you can simply use water and vinegar to clean the machine. Fill up the water reservoir with a 1-1 water and vinegar solution. Run a brew cycle without inserting a capsule or pod. Then, run a few more using just water to get rid of any vinegar residues.
3. Can I Use Coffee Pods in A Regular Coffee Maker?
Yes, you can usually use coffee pods in a regular coffee maker, because they’re not designed for a specific brand. You can even use them without a coffee machine – try them with a drip or pour over brew method.
Time, money and convenience are all factors when making a choice between one single-serve coffeemaker to another. But in my opinion, nothing beats the quality of coffee over anything.
We all indeed have different tastes when it comes to choosing coffee and how we like ours brewed. The real question is, what I’m I looking to make out of the machine I’m about to purchase?
If you have already addressed your need for any of the listed products, it will be a great addition to your collection.