Are you looking for the best air purifier with a washable filter? Would you like to find an air purifier with a permanent filter that never needs a replacement? If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
But before we dive into details of best Air purifiers with Washable filter it is good to understand that most of the true HEPA air purifiers have replaceable filters which need a replacement every year or even sooner, but on the market, you can find air purifiers that use washable filters.
In this guide, we help you distinguish the best air purifier with washable filter. The market has many models with washable filters, some of them are good, and some of them are less good. But all air purifiers with washable filters are easy to maintain and sometimes they even work better than old air purifiers with a replaceable filter. If you wash the filters regularly, you can bring the air quality in the rooms to the highest possible level, and that is the best advantage of the air purifier with washable filter.
In case you are shopping for a cost-efficient air purifier; you will find two words popularly mentioned in the market i.e. Washable filter and Permanent filter. It is good to understand that both words guarantee a reusable filter though there is a difference as discussed below.
Washable filter cleaning can use water and soap. This cleaning will remove all the dirt and pollution caught by the filter. After a water cleaning, you should dry the filter before placing it back into an air purifier. The cleaning process takes some time because you need to use soap, then wash the soap and dirt with water and after that drying. Drying can take up to 1h if you don’t have a drying machine. After that process filters are good as new and ready to collect more dirt.
If you apply water on the permanent filter you will ruin it. So how do I clean it? On permanent filters, you should use a vacuum cleaner. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck all the dirt and particles that are hanging on the filter. After the cleaning, the filter is ready for use. Using the permanent filter has an advantage over the washable filter because the maintenance process is much faster and easier to do. But the washable filters may be cleaner than the ones that we just clean with a vacuum cleaner.
- Captures all the known airborne particles like pollen, spores, dust, dander or dirt.
- You save money by not needing to buy new filters
- Filter maintenance is fast, and you won’t spend lots of time on maintenance.
- You can clean filters as often you like and the more you clean them, the higher the efficiency they have.
- Some reusable filters are just not effective at removing airborne particles larger than 2 microns. Capturing spores, bacteria, allergens, and viruses with these filters is very hard.
- If you use an air purifier with reusable filter often and in large size rooms, you will find that the filters are getting dirty too fast. In other words, it will require regular cleaning.
- Often filter cleaning may damage the filter, and the filter may not be useful as it was when it was new.
Best Air Purifier with Reusable Filter
Well, having knowledge about air purifiers let us dive into best hepa air purifier with washable filter as reviewed by consumers
LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies and Pets
If you are an allergies sufferer an air purifier can be an outstanding solution for you. this device plays an important role to keep the air clean inside the room all the time in an effective way. It will create a healthy environment inside your room.
It will give you everything such as true HEPA filter, odor eliminator with night light which gives you a gorgeous look at night time.
- The LV-H132 offers gentle white noise
- The LV-H132’s motor features greater stability, improved efficiency, and a longer lifespan
- The Activated Carbon Filter absorbs smoke along with any unpleasant odors
- 3-stages of filtration trap dust mites
- Powerful that ensure outstanding performance
- Attractive design with a night light
- Easy to use
- Nice looking
- Three different settings
- Small coverage area
- Limited sensor
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Winix 5500-2 is a good option if you want a filter that covers a wide area and has a strong CADR rating. It uses a three-stage filtration system to get rid of those nasty particles you could otherwise breathe in. Inside the machine is a true-HEPA filter, which traps 99.97% of the airborne allergens, which include dust, mold spores, pet dander, and much more. It also has a washable carbon filter and the latest PlasmaWave technology that performs as a permanent filter.
Winix 5500-2 is among the easiest purifiers to manage thanks to features like the Filter Replacement Indicator LED light that lets you know when it’s time to change the filter. It offers four fan speed and has Smart Sensors that ensure air quality and let you know the rating by displaying different colors.
- 4 Fan Speeds- With 4 settings you can manually set the speed to exactly what you want.
- Smart Sensors and Auto Mode- Utilizing our Smart Sensors the 5500-2 consistently monitors the air around it. The LED indicator displays the quality on a scale of good to poor (1-3).
- Ideal for Large Rooms
- Smart Sensors for Automatic Work
- Sleep Mode for Silent Work
- PlasmaWave for Even More Cleaning Power
- Filter Replacement Indicator
- Certified Air Purifier
- Might be a little too heavy for some users
- The replacement filters are very costly
- It is expensive
Honeywell (HFD310) AirGenius 4 Air Cleaner
Honeywell HFD310 comes with a permanent QuietClean ifD filter that is capable of removing up to 99.9% of the microscopic allergens in the air. It also takes care of the harmful gases as well, giving you even cleaner air to breathe.
It also has two different pre-filters. One is a washable foam that is easy to use and clean. The other is an odor-reducing pre-filter, to get rid of any nasty smells you may be dealing with. In addition to that, it has smart controls that allow you to select one of four cleaning settings. These include general, allergen, max, and sleep modes. There is also a timer you can use to set the purifier to run from two to eight hours. When it reaches the time limit, the machine shuts itself off. You can also choose to turn on the oscillation or leave it stationary.
- Filters type: washable foam pre-filter; odor-reducing pre-filter; permanent washable ifD filter
- CADR: 160 (dust); 170 (pollen); 161 (smoke)
- Coverage area: up to 225 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 30.3 x 12.1 x 12.3 inches
- Warranty: 5-year limited
- Removes airborne particles and odors
- Auto shut-off timer
- Stylish design
- Two pre-filter options included
Envion Therapure TPP240
Envion Therapure TPP240 is an air purifier that removes not just smoke and allergens but also chemical gases, odor, germs, mold, viruses, and bacteria. It is quite suitable for big rooms (up to 500 square feet). Also comes with a permanent HEPA filter so you do not have to replace the filter every few months. Has a 240-hour automatic timer that makes it efficient. More importantly, it kills harmful VOC’s as well.
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- It offers several running modes including night mode that makes the purifier emit low light.
- The digital display makes it easy to read
- Uses little power
- Has dedicated UV light and ionizer switches
- Creates little to no noise
- The tower design makes it look attractive
- Not a true HEPA purifier
- Does not work very well against odors
- The Night Mode is not very efficient
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier is a six-stage filtration capture and destroys allergens, pollutants, pet dander, odors, and any harmful particles as small as 1 micron. It is cost-effective and more to that offers amazing cleaning for a small room and workspace.
How it works
Oreck AIRPCB has optional ionizer clumps together with small particles so that they can be easily trapped by the permanent HEPA-graded fine mesh. It ensures extra freshness and cleanliness of your room so that you and your family can breathe safe and fresh air.
The permanent HEPA filter is easy to clean and replace. Moreover, vacuum cleaning is necessary for reusing again, so you won’t need to purchase any expensive replacements. What’s more? The purifier alerts you when the filter needs cleaning so you won’t have to worry about its maintenance.
- It offers three speed-settings to fit individual needs. The stylish design and in-depth cleaning make it ideal for smaller rooms like bedrooms, offices, etc. The purifier is very quiet and requires less energy than an average light bulb.
- Ideal for small areas
- Six-stage filtration for intense cleaning
- Low energy consumption
- Filter cleaning alert
- A popping sound of the ionizer
- A bit heavy
Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier for home
If you need a compact air purifier with an appealing design, your choice is BLUE PURE 411 which has three stages of air filtration and is capable of removing 99% of airborne particles. At work, it uses very little energy, and because of that, it is also very quiet. It is an ideal choice for a small bedroom. Works best in small rooms up to 100 square feet. Has washable prefilters which means you won’t need to spend money on that.
BLUE PURE 411 has a low noise level, which even at the highest speed doesn’t irritate you during the day or at night when you sleep. Despite its power, this air purifier is energy efficient and help save your money.
- More clean air: Drawing in the air from every side of the Blue Pure 411; the enhanced filtration ensures no pollutant escapes the might of the 161 sq. ft. cleaning power and 120 cubic ft/min Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
- Less energy: The environment and saving money were mutually exclusive; using just5 watts, the Blue Pure 411 uses less energy than an LED light bulb.
- Very Easy to Set Up and Use
- Affordable Price
- Three Fan Speeds
- Goof for Bedroom
- It does not have the power to remove dangerous allergens, so it is not a good choice for people who suffer from allergies.
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier
The permanent HEPA air filter catches smoke, mold, dust, and any other harmful particles, as small as three microns, in a fine mesh filter. You won’t need to buy replacement filters, as the permanent filter can be vacuum cleaned and used again and again.
- It has three-speed settings, low for extra quiet cleaning, medium for everyday use, and high for quick cleaning.
- The motor and fan of the purifier are super quiet, and at the lowest speed, you won’t even notice that it’s there.
- Knob controls speed.
- The air purifier is lightweight and affordable.
- It doesn’t require any assembly, and the user manual makes it easy to use for everyone.
- The purifier comes with a one-year warranty.
- The HEPA filter captures all the harmful particles in the air
- Very quiet
- Low maintenance
- Compact tower design blends into surroundings
- No light indicator for filter cleaning
- Takes a while to clean the air
Honeywell HFD-010 QuietClean Washable Filter Compact Tower Air Purifier
HONEYWELL HFD-010 uses a patented IFD filter capable of capturing up to 99% of pollutants. The small tower design allows this device to fit in small space rooms. The air purifier only has two speeds, so it is very easy to use without too many selectable options. It is ideal for a small room or office and its maintenance cost is less due to its permanent filters.
- Patented ifD® filter: Captures up to 99% of ultra-fine particles from the air passing through the filter
- Air Cleaning Levels: 2 air cleaning levels with an easy to use control knob.
- Small Air Purifier
- Affordable Price
- Removes 99% of Particles
- 5 Year Warranty
- Quiet work that makes it Ideal for Office or Bedroom
- AHAM Certified
- Not good at removing allergens and if you need a high-performance air purifier, you should look elsewhere.
Bionaire BAP1412-U PERMAtech Mini Tower Air Cleaner
Bionaire BAP 1412-U has a great low price that anyone can afford. It is also compact and lightweight, making it quite portable. It has a coverage area of up to 80 square feet, so it works best in small rooms. If you do have a larger room that needs some freshening, at this low of a price, you could get two to keep up with the larger area.
- This model has three-speed settings. The lowest one is very quiet, so you can use it in your bedroom while you sleep
- Inside the machine is a PERMAtech HEPA-type filter that removes dust, allergens, pet dander, and odors from the air.
- Cleaning is utilizing a vacuum so you can use it over and over again.
- There is also an optional ionizer to grab those extra small particles in the air and get rid of them for even safer air to breathe.
- Has its knob separate from the speeds so you won’t mix them
- There is a bright blue indicator light on top to tell you the air purifier is running, though you may want to cover it while you sleep.
- Optional ionizer setting
- Lightweight and compact
- Great low price
- Removes odors along with the dust and allergens
- Quite loud on all but the lowest setting
- On indicator light is quite bright
Winix HR900 comes with a washable pre-filter, it was specially designed to clean up pet hairs, pet dander, and odors around your home! Apart from the washable pre-filter, the HR900 also sports a True HEPA filter with CleanCel Antibacterial treatment, advanced odor control via the granular carbon filter, and the PlasmaWave technology. The product is also AHAM verified with high CADR ratings for pollen, dust, and tobacco smoke.
- Smart sensors that automatically adjust the air
- Remote control
- Wide coverage area
- Great for pet-owners
- Comes with filter change indicator
- Packed with smart features
- Expensive upfront
- Expensive replacement filters
- Short warranty
Best Quiet Air Purifier
Air purifiers are designed to clean and purify the air around you and make it safer, healthier, and more fit for your home. Nonetheless, air purifiers come with one major problem – the noise they make. If this is a bother to you, you can pick the quietest air purifier available in the market for your home.
Whether you want it to serve your entire homestead or just your living room, in this post we give you a complete review of some of the best quiet air purifiers you can consider installing in your home.
Rabbit 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
The Rabbit 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier is designed to improve the quality of air around you and subsequently your quality of life. It does this by eliminating all the harmful particles and pollutants. With its 4 stages of air filtration, deodorization, and lifetime round the clock tech support, you will be guarantee clean air always.
It is fitted with True HEPA filters that are responsible for trapping allergens and particles of 0.3 microns in size at an efficiency rate of 99.97% and 99% efficiency for those particles of size 0.1 microns and below.
With a similar efficiency rate, fitted BioGS HEPA filters reduce the build-up of common allergens that include pollen, mold, dust mites, and pet dander. The HEPA filters also reduce the growth of bacteria and viruses on the filter thereby prolonging the optimal filter efficiency.
An ultra-quiet BLDC motor is used to operate this air purifier at 5 different speeds while virtually silent at low speed. With an energy star certified unit, you will keep your energy bills at the low end while you get your home purified maximally.
- Quick air purifying process
- Long-lasting BioGS HEPA filters
- Four-stage purification process for the cleanest air
- Lights up thus may affecting your sleeping
Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
The Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier is a 3-stage air purifier that is designed with True HEPA filters to deliver up to 99.97% of air cleaning. It captures air pollutants such as pet dander, dust mites, pollen, cigarette smoke, mold spores, odor among other allergens of size 0.3 microns.
It is fitted with a permanent PlasmaWave filter that safely breaks down allergens, chemical vapors, odor, and other pollutants. The PlasmaWave features no harmful ozone that good for use in homes.
Has Smart Sensors and auto mode operation option that consistently monitors the air in your room and automatically adjusts the fan speed for optimal cleaning of your space. The LED indicators on the display indicate the quality of your air in your room on a scale of good to poor (blue – amber – red).
It has a manual mode option in which the fan speed ranges from low to turbo. Pick low or medium for a near-silent air cleaning and high or turbo for optimal airflow and cleaning power. The sleep mode adjusts the fan to silence and dim the indicator lights to give you a quiet clean environment for sleeping.
- Energy saving
- Captures 99.97% of particles
- Small-sized to save space
- Super-silent with sleep mode
- Noisy when oh high and turbo level settings
Alen BreathSmarth Classic
The BreathSmart Classic quiet air purifier from Alen is a go-to air purifier that is designed for large and extra-large rooms. It is tested and proven to eliminate allergies and asthma-causing pollutants such as mold, dust, germs pet hair, and harsh household odors.
It features whisper-quiet operation and a light-off mode for nice sleeping making it perfect for giant bedrooms and open shared spaces. The ultra-quite Advanced WhisperMax technology works to create a soothing environment while generating a pink noise for a night of better deeper sleep.
The auto mode and a sensor effectively adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively, especially when your living space is saturated with pollutants. The true HEPA filter in this air purifier will capture up to 99.97% of the particles leaving your room clean and fresh.
- Great for large rooms
- Auto mode sensor for effective purifying of air
- Not durable according to reviews
TrueAir Air Purifier
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier is a home or office purifier that comes with 3 filtration stages for maximum purifying of air for a clean and healthy living space. The permanent True HEPA filters are responsible for capturing pet dander, dust mites, dust, mildew, pollen, and other allergy-causing particles of 0.3 microns from your living space.
The high-performance HEPA filters capture up to 99.97% of harmful air pollutants, while the 2 Activated Carbon Zeolite Filters work to reduce all the unwanted household odors from pets, cigarette smoke, and other sources.
Even though this air purifier unit is powerful, it runs silently courtesy of the Whisper Clean for extra quiet operation, especially at night. It is also easy to clean as the permanent HEPA filters can be vacuumed.
- Compact size to fit anywhere in your room
- Easy to clean
- Quiet yet powerful
- Captures up to 99.97 of air pollutant
- Designed for small rooms
Fellowes AP-300PH Quiet Air Purifier
The AP-300PH Quiet Air Purifier from Fellowes is designed to purify indoor air safely and quietly. It is often utilized in the office or reception. This air purifier uses an innovative 4-stage purification system to capture up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants of 0.3 microns.
It is fitted with True HEPA and Carbon filters, sanitized antimicrobial technology, and Plasma True technology that works to remove germs, dust mites, pollen, allergens, mold spores, viruses, pet dander, odors, and cigarette smoke.
It is also fitted with a purity sensor that monitors the quality of air in your space and automatically adjusts the fan speed to maintain you’re the air around you is purified as possible.
Moreover, with the ultra-quiet operation, filter change indicators, and 4 fan speed settings, the AP-300PH will provide you with a convenient and effective way to purify the air in any space around your home or office up to 300sq. feet.
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Four-stage air purification system for optimal air purification
- Filter change indicators
- Slightly noise issues when on the higher fan setting
Best Air Purifier for Asthma
If you are suffering from asthma, then you are here to find the best air purifier for asthmatics. The best air purifier for asthma will work to pull the various pollutants and contaminants from the air that often trigger your asthma reactions. With an air purifier for asthma, you will rest breathing easily in your office or home.
In this post, we have put together the 5 best air purifiers for asthma that can help manage your asthmatic condition with ease. Read on to ascertain what we’ve future for you.
5 Best Air Purifiers for Asthma
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
The Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier is responsible for the protection of you and your loved ones’ lungs from harmful indoor pollutants while ensuring the air around you are always clean and purified.
It features a 5-stage purification system that eliminates 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns. The system includes the Nano Cold Catalyst filter that removes large particles like dust, pet dander, and toxic household chemicals like ammonia and benzene.
The Cellular Activated Carbon filter is responsible for absorbing and removing odors, smoke, gases, and other volatile organic compounds that are common in household products. The Antibacterial filter is responsible for removing targeted germs and bacteria.
The True HEPA filter is fitted to efficiently filter up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants and contaminants in the air such as pollen, allergens, mold spores, dust mite, and pet dander. The ionizer which is ozone-safe works by releasing negative ions that electrically charge the air particles to neutralize them making them easier to trap. It has a turn on/off option.
- Flexible with remote control
- Whisper-quiet sleep mode
- Smart air quality sensor
- Lights are too bright
Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier
The Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier is designed to purify the air for asthma. It removes dust, mold spores, pet dander, and allergens in the bedroom, basement, or living room. It comes with stages of filtration that features a pre-filter, v-HEPA filter, and an Activated carbon filter. All these filters have 12 months lifespan, though the pre-filter is recommended to be cleaned.
While the pre-filter is designed to trap the large dust particles and can be cleaned by lightly vacuuming, the high-performing v-HEPA filters trap up to 98% of particles. The v-HEPA filters have a seal around them that ensures no air bypasses the filter which is a common issue with most air cleaners.
The air quality monitor keeps track of the air quality around you and automatically adjusts the fan speed in case the air quality is poor and if it is operated in auto mode. To ensure the air is purified optimally, the filter replacement indicator electronically displays alerts when it is time to change the filters. This is a certified safe air purifier that serves to purify the air around you so that your condition is always improved.
- Effective in purifying air
- Auto mode for easy control
- Removes up to 98% of air pollutants
- Expensive machine and filter replacement
IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier
The IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier is designed with the best media in the industry together with a superior filter design to deliver an unparalleled level of air purification. The four-disposable gas-phase filter cartridges of the GC MultiGas feature the highest-grade activated carbon from bituminous coal for preserving the maximum number of microspores.
The patented triple-sealing technology works to eliminates air leakage as it seals the filter frame 100%. This is a 3D ultra seal that perfectly seals the filter frame to the housing to ensure no air escapes unfiltered.
For easy control, the unit comes with programmable operation options, filter-life monitoring, and color-coded lights indicate when a filter change is needed. With the program, you can program your GC MultiGas to purify the air around you exactly to the level you want.
- Excellent HyperHEPA filters to remove up to 99.97% ultra-particles
- Low noise level
- Excellent purifying coverage with 320-degree airflow distribution
- It is bulk
- No in-built air quality sensor
Blueair Classic 203 Slim HEPASilent Air Purification System
The Blueair Classic 203 is a perfect air purifier for asthma that gives you a win to your battles against allergies, asthma, and hay fever. It is fitted with True HEPA performance that captures up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants, mold, allergens, smoke particles, dust, pollen, and pet dander. The SmokeStop filter features an activated carbon for the removal of odors caused by pets, food, smoke, and VOCs.
For lasting performance, the Blueair Classic air purifier is meant with a durable steel body that’s built to face the test of your time. The intuitive design offers an easy to control panel. The panel has 3 different fan speeds while the filter change indicator that alerts you whenever filter change is due.
It is designed for small to medium rooms of between 200sq. ft. and 300sq. ft. This air purifier will do magic. It is recommended to exchange the filter every 6 months counting on use.
- Best in class energy performance
- Intuitive design
- Durable with a steel body
- Produces a rotary like sound when in operation
Coway AP-1512HH White HEPA Air Purifier
The Coway AP-1512HH White HEPA Air Purifier is designed with a 4-stage filtration system – Pre-filter, deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, and Vital Ion, that captures and removes up to 99.97% of particles of 0.3 microns in the air. These particles include pollen, allergens, and other pollutants. Besides, it is also able to reduce volatile organic compounds and reduce odor.
This air purifier comes with Coway Mighty pollution sensor that communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED alerts you about how clean or dirty you’re the air around you is every minute of the day. The fan speeds are available in 3 settings and all the setting is done manually.
Nonetheless, the auto mode automatically optimizes the speeds based on the level of the quality of air. If the is no pollution detected for 30 minutes, the fan automatically stops and subsequently sets it as Eco mode to save energy.
- Perfect for small rooms
- Excellent 4-stage air filtration
- Filter change indicator
- Noisy on higher settings
- Designed for small groups
What makes air purifiers with washable filters such an attractive option is that they eliminate the problem of filter replacement or maintenance. Apart from having lower maintenance, these air purifiers also help you save on money you could have spent on filter replacements for regular air purifiers.
Many of the airborne particles that an air purifier removes from the air are about 0.3 microns in size or larger. This includes things like dust, dust mites, mold, pollen, and smoke. A filter that can catch things of this size or larger cleans them out of the air, making it much healthier to breathe in.
Type of filters
There are a few main filter types used in an air purifier with a washable filter. These have different capabilities and strengths. On their own, they work fine, but you can also find many air purifiers that combine some of these options, gaining the extra benefits.
The Clean Air Delivery Rate, or CADR, tells you the volume of filtered air that an air purifier can create. There are three different levels of filtration that are in place when discussing the CADR, including smoke, dust, and pollen. Each one has a different number range. Smoke is 10 – 450 CADR, dust is 10 – 400, and pollen is 25 – 450. The number assigned to each one means that the air purifier got tested and proven to remove those particles in the same concentration.
Air purifiers with washable filters come in a wide range of sizes. Some are small and wide, while others are tall and thin. If you have a lot of space, you can pretty much get any size you want, as long as it has the features you’re looking for.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on the differences between best air purifiers with washable filters and permanent filters. Also, we hope that you found the perfect air purifier that gives you cleaner and fresh air breathe and that is something we can all appreciate. In case you purchased from our reviewed products thank you for believing in our effort.