Best Air Purifier with Washable Filter
Best Air Purifier with Reusable Filter
Are you looking for the best air purifier with a washable filter? Would you like to find an air purifier with a permanent filter that never needs a replacement? If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
But before we dive into details of best Air purifiers with Washable filter it is good to understand that most of the true HEPA air purifiers have replaceable filters which need a replacement every year or even sooner, but on the market, you can find air purifiers that use washable filters.
In this guide, we help you distinguish the best air purifier with washable filter. The market has many models with washable filters, some of them are good, and some of them are less good. But all air purifiers with washable filters are easy to maintain and sometimes they even work better than old air purifiers with a replaceable filter. If you wash the filters regularly, you can bring the air quality in the rooms to the highest possible level, and that is the best advantage of the air purifier with washable filter.
In case you are shopping for a cost-efficient air purifier; you will find two words popularly mentioned in the market i.e. Washable filter and Permanent filter. It is good to understand that both words guarantee a reusable filter though there is a difference as discussed below.
Washable filter cleaning can use water and soap. This cleaning will remove all the dirt and pollution caught by the filter. After a water cleaning, you should dry the filter before placing it back into an air purifier. The cleaning process takes some time because you need to use soap, then wash the soap and dirt with water and after that drying. Drying can take up to 1h if you don’t have a drying machine. After that process filters are good as new and ready to collect more dirt.
If you apply water on the permanent filter you will ruin it. So how do I clean it? On permanent filters, you should use a vacuum cleaner. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck all the dirt and particles that are hanging on the filter. After the cleaning, the filter is ready for use. Using the permanent filter has an advantage over the washable filter because the maintenance process is much faster and easier to do. But the washable filters may be cleaner than the ones that we just clean with a vacuum cleaner.
Advantages/Disadvantages of Washable filters and Permanent filters
- Captures all the known airborne particles like pollen, spores, dust, dander or dirt.
- You save money by not needing to buy new filters
- Filter maintenance is fast, and you won’t spend lots of time on maintenance.
- You can clean filters as often you like and the more you clean them, the higher the efficiency they have.
- Some reusable filters are just not effective at removing airborne particles larger than 2 microns. Capturing spores, bacteria, allergens, and viruses with these filters is very hard.
- If you use an air purifier with reusable filter often and in large size rooms, you will find that the filters are getting dirty too fast. In other words, it will require regular cleaning.
- Often filter cleaning may damage the filter, and the filter may not be useful as it was when it was new.
Well, having basic knowledge about air purifiers let us dive into best hepa air purifier with washable filter as reviewed by consumers
Best Air Purifier with Washable Filter
LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies and Pets
If you are an allergies sufferer an air purifier can be an outstanding solution for you. this device plays an important role to keep the air clean inside the room all the time in an effective way. It will create a healthy environment inside your room.
It will give you everything such as true HEPA filter, odor eliminator with night light which gives you a gorgeous look at night time.
- The LV-H132 offers gentle white noise
- The LV-H132’s motor features greater stability, improved efficiency, and a longer lifespan
- The Activated Carbon Filter absorbs smoke along with any unpleasant odors
- 3-stages of filtration trap dust mites
- Powerful that ensure outstanding performance
- Attractive design with a night light
- Easy to use
- Nice looking
- Three different settings
- Small coverage area
- Limited sensor
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Winix 5500-2 is a good option if you want a filter that covers a wide area and has a strong CADR rating. It uses a three-stage filtration system to get rid of those nasty particles you could otherwise breathe in. Inside the machine is a true-HEPA filter, which traps 99.97% of the airborne allergens, which include dust, mold spores, pet dander, and much more. It also has a washable carbon filter and the latest PlasmaWave technology that performs as a permanent filter.
Winix 5500-2 is among the easiest purifiers to manage thanks to features like the Filter Replacement Indicator LED light that lets you know when it’s time to change the filter. It offers four fan speed and has Smart Sensors that ensure air quality and let you know the rating by displaying different colors.
- 4 Fan Speeds- With 4 settings you can manually set the speed to exactly what you want.
- Smart Sensors and Auto Mode- Utilizing our Smart Sensors the 5500-2 consistently monitors the air around it. The LED indicator displays the quality on a scale of good to poor (1-3).
- Ideal for Large Rooms
- Smart Sensors for Automatic Work
- Sleep Mode for Silent Work
- PlasmaWave for Even More Cleaning Power
- Filter Replacement Indicator
- Certified Air Purifier
- Might be a little too heavy for some users
- The replacement filters are very costly
- It is expensive
Honeywell (HFD310) AirGenius 4 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer with Permanent Filter
Honeywell HFD310 comes with a permanent QuietClean ifD filter that is capable of removing up to 99.9% of the microscopic allergens in the air. It also takes care of the harmful gases as well, giving you even cleaner air to breathe.
It also has two different pre-filters. One is a washable foam that is easy to use and clean. The other is an odor-reducing pre-filter, to get rid of any nasty smells you may be dealing with. In addition to that, it has smart controls that allow you to select one of four cleaning settings. These include general, allergen, max, and sleep modes. There is also a timer you can use to set the purifier to run from two to eight hours. When it reaches the time limit, the machine shuts itself off. You can also choose to turn on the oscillation or leave it stationary.
- Filters type: washable foam pre-filter; odor-reducing pre-filter; permanent washable ifD filter
- CADR: 160 (dust); 170 (pollen); 161 (smoke)
- Coverage area: up to 225 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 30.3 x 12.1 x 12.3 inches
- Warranty: 5-year limited
- Removes airborne particles and odors
- Auto shut-off timer
- Stylish design
- Two pre-filter options included
Envion Therapure TPP240
Envion Therapure TPP240 is an air purifier that removes not just smoke and allergens but also chemical gases, odor, germs, mold, viruses, and bacteria. It is quite suitable for big rooms (up to 500 square feet). Also comes with a permanent HEPA filter so you do not have to replace the filter every few months. Has a 240-hour automatic timer that makes it efficient. More importantly, it kills harmful VOC’s as well.
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- It offers several running modes including night mode that makes the purifier emit low light.
- The digital display makes it easy to read
- Uses little power
- Has dedicated UV light and ionizer switches
- Creates little to no noise
- The tower design makes it look attractive
- Not a true HEPA purifier
- Does not work very well against odors
- The Night Mode is not very efficient
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier is a six-stage filtration capture and destroys allergens, pollutants, pet dander, odors, and any harmful particles as small as 1 micron. It is cost-effective and more to that offers amazing cleaning for a small room and workspace.
How it works
Oreck AIRPCB has optional ionizer clumps together with small particles so that they can be easily trapped by the permanent HEPA-graded fine mesh. It ensures extra freshness and cleanliness of your room so that you and your family can breathe safe and fresh air.
The permanent HEPA filter is easy to clean and replace. Moreover, vacuum cleaning is necessary for reusing again, so you won’t need to purchase any expensive replacements. What’s more? The purifier alerts you when the filter needs cleaning so you won’t have to worry about its maintenance.
- It offers three speed-settings to fit individual needs. The stylish design and in-depth cleaning make it ideal for smaller rooms like bedrooms, offices, etc. The purifier is very quiet and requires less energy than an average light bulb.
- Ideal for small areas
- Six-stage filtration for intense cleaning
- Low energy consumption
- Filter cleaning alert
- A popping sound of the ionizer
- A bit heavy
Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier for home
If you need a compact air purifier with an appealing design, your choice is BLUE PURE 411 which has three stages of air filtration and is capable of removing 99% of airborne particles. At work, it uses very little energy, and because of that, it is also very quiet. It is an ideal choice for a small bedroom. Works best in small rooms up to 100 square feet. Has washable prefilters which means you won’t need to spend money on that.
BLUE PURE 411 has a low noise level, which even at the highest speed doesn’t irritate you during the day or at night when you sleep. Despite its power, this air purifier is energy efficient and help save your money.
- More clean air: Drawing in the air from every side of the Blue Pure 411; the enhanced filtration ensures no pollutant escapes the might of the 161 sq. ft. cleaning power and 120 cubic ft/min Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
- Less energy: The environment and saving money were mutually exclusive; using just5 watts, the Blue Pure 411 uses less energy than an LED light bulb.
- Very Easy to Set Up and Use
- Affordable Price
- Three Fan Speeds
- Goof for Bedroom
- It does not have the power to remove dangerous allergens, so it is not a good choice for people who suffer from allergies.
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office with Permanent True HEPA Filter for Allergies and Pets
The permanent HEPA air filter catches smoke, mold, dust, and any other harmful particles, as small as three microns, in a fine mesh filter. You won’t need to buy replacement filters, as the permanent filter can be vacuum cleaned and used again and again.
- It has three-speed settings, low for extra quiet cleaning, medium for everyday use, and high for quick cleaning.
- The motor and fan of the purifier are super quiet, and at the lowest speed, you won’t even notice that it’s there.
- Knob controls speed.
- The air purifier is lightweight and affordable.
- It doesn’t require any assembly, and the user manual makes it easy to use for everyone.
- The purifier comes with a one-year warranty.
- The HEPA filter captures all the harmful particles in the air
- Very quiet
- Low maintenance
- Compact tower design blends into surroundings
- No light indicator for filter cleaning
- Takes a while to clean the air
Honeywell HFD-010 QuietClean Washable Filter Compact Tower Air Purifier
HONEYWELL HFD-010 uses a patented IFD filter capable of capturing up to 99% of pollutants. The small tower design allows this device to fit in small space rooms. The air purifier only has two speeds, so it is very easy to use without too many selectable options. It is ideal for a small room or office and its maintenance cost is less due to its permanent filters.
- Patented ifD® filter: Captures up to 99% of ultra-fine particles from the air passing through the filter
- Air Cleaning Levels: 2 air cleaning levels with an easy to use control knob.
- Small Air Purifier
- Affordable Price
- Removes 99% of Particles
- 5 Year Warranty
- Quiet work that makes it Ideal for Office or Bedroom
- AHAM Certified
- Not good at removing allergens and if you need a high-performance air purifier, you should look elsewhere.
Bionaire BAP1412-U PERMAtech Mini Tower Air Cleaner
Bionaire BAP 1412-U has a great low price that anyone can afford. It is also compact and lightweight, making it quite portable. It has a coverage area of up to 80 square feet, so it works best in small rooms. If you do have a larger room that needs some freshening, at this low of a price, you could get two to keep up with the larger area.
- This model has three-speed settings. The lowest one is very quiet, so you can use it in your bedroom while you sleep
- Inside the machine is a PERMAtech HEPA-type filter that removes dust, allergens, pet dander, and odors from the air.
- Cleaning is utilizing a vacuum so you can use it over and over again.
- There is also an optional ionizer to grab those extra small particles in the air and get rid of them for even safer air to breathe.
- Has its knob separate from the speeds so you won’t mix them
- There is a bright blue indicator light on top to tell you the air purifier is running, though you may want to cover it while you sleep.
- Optional ionizer setting
- Lightweight and compact
- Great low price
- Removes odors along with the dust and allergens
- Quite loud on all but the lowest setting
- On indicator light is quite bright
Winix HR900, Ultimate Pet 5 Stage True HEPA Filtration Air Purifier
Winix HR900 comes with a washable pre-filter, it was specially designed to clean up pet hairs, pet dander, and odors around your home! Apart from the washable pre-filter, the HR900 also sports a True HEPA filter with CleanCel Antibacterial treatment, advanced odor control via the granular carbon filter, and the PlasmaWave technology. The product is also AHAM verified with high CADR ratings for pollen, dust, and tobacco smoke.
- Smart sensors that automatically adjust the air
- Remote control
- Wide coverage area
- Great for pet-owners
- Comes with filter change indicator
- Packed with smart features
- Expensive upfront
- Expensive replacement filters
- Short warranty
What makes air purifiers with washable filters such an attractive option is that they eliminate the problem of filter replacement or maintenance. Apart from having lower maintenance, these air purifiers also help you save on money you could have spent on filter replacements for regular air purifiers.
Many of the airborne particles that an air purifier removes from the air are about 0.3 microns in size or larger. This includes things like dust, dust mites, mold, pollen, and smoke. A filter that can catch things of this size or larger cleans them out of the air, making it much healthier to breathe in.
Type of filters
There are a few main filter types used in an air purifier with a washable filter. These have different capabilities and strengths. On their own, they work fine, but you can also find many air purifiers that combine some of these options, gaining the extra benefits.
The Clean Air Delivery Rate, or CADR, tells you the volume of filtered air that an air purifier can create. There are three different levels of filtration that are in place when discussing the CADR, including smoke, dust, and pollen. Each one has a different number range. Smoke is 10 – 450 CADR, dust is 10 – 400, and pollen is 25 – 450. The number assigned to each one means that the air purifier got tested and proven to remove those particles in the same concentration.
Air purifiers with washable filters come in a wide range of sizes. Some are small and wide, while others are tall and thin. If you have a lot of space, you can pretty much get any size you want, as long as it has the features you’re looking for.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on the differences between best air purifiers with washable filters and permanent filters. Also, we hope that you found the perfect air purifier that gives you cleaner and fresh air breathe and that is something we can all appreciate. In case you purchased from our reviewed products thank you for believing in our effort.