It is critical for parents with hearing impairments to find a baby monitor that relays visual and vibrating alerts to enable parents to hear all the baby monitor alerts. If you are a deaf parent or a heavy sleeper, this guide will give you a deep analysis of the top baby monitors that will suit you.
Best baby monitors for deaf parents relay visual and vibrating alerts to enable parents to receive baby alerts. Also, in parents with hearing impairments or heavy sleepers, there are four other modes other than sound that baby monitors communicate with parents.
- Vibration alerts: If you are deaf, that means you can’t hear anything, So the feature of vibrating will be the best way to get notified when your baby cry. So, when you are buying a baby monitor, remember that your monitor has the function of vibrating.
- Light alerts.
- Extra loud sound.
- A combination of light, vibration, and sound.
Why do you need a baby monitor?
Over the last couple of years, the use of baby monitors has increased, despite the gadgets being around for years. The increased usage has come about because parents have realized how convenient these devices are in watching over their little ones even when they aren’t in the same room.
Moreover, parents are constantly worried about their newborns, that some spend sleepless nights standing over their babies’ cribs to ensure that they are okay. However, if you have a Baby Monitor, you can enjoy restful nights because you can check on your baby without being in the same room.
Best Baby Monitor for Deaf Parents
Here is our top list:
HelloBaby HB178 Audio Baby Monitor
HelloBaby HB178 Audio Baby Monitor is one of the best digital baby monitors manufactured by HelloBaby. Due to its premium features, it becomes easily famous and popular among parents. Many new features added to the device, such as DECT 6.0 and other smart technologies, allow the parents to keep doing their daily routine activities while staying away from their baby but can communicate with their baby instantly.
- DECT 6.0 Technology: It comes with DECT 6.0 technology which provides crystal clear transmission of audio or noise-free sound. It eliminates the unwanted or any other sort of annoying noise you hear from analog monitors.
- 5-Level Sound Indicator: It comes with a 5 LED bar with a visual symbol that indicates the intensity of the sound levels in the baby room. The baby monitor with a light flasher reassures deaf people that their little one is safe and sound 24×7, even if you aren’t in their room.
- Range: The device offers a good range, specifically an outdoor range up to 1,000 ft. The high sensitivity microphone in the baby unit ensures you can listen to your baby clearly from anywhere in your house or even outside.
- Equipped with the latest technology-crystal clear transmission
- 5-Level Sound Indicator with the visual symbol
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Powerful battery backup up to 18 hours
- Affordable price tag
- No two-way communication
- No vibration alert option
- The device doesn’t offer a beep alert
- Doesn’t have a temperature sensor
DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio
Having a baby monitor that you can depend on is one of the best feelings there is, and it gets even better when you have no doubts at all about it. DBPOWER has proven to be the kind of monitor everyone should go for when you think of quality. With a 4.3-inch color-led parent monitor, you are now able to keep an eye on your child from as far as 1000 ft. This monitor comes with one video camera and one parent monitor that allows you to receive real-time feed from the baby monitor.
The parent monitor, however, can receive feed from four different video monitors, all thanks to its split-screen functionality that has made it easier to operate. Having different cameras at different points of the house where you could leave your baby is no longer a problem. You can now leave your baby in the bedroom, couch, or even playground and still see them from anywhere with one monitor.
- The alarm system comprises both audio and visual, where a distinct, audible alarm is set off in case of an anomaly, and the screen lights up and flickers to get your attention.
- It also allows you to see your baby in the dark, thanks to the infrared night vision mode that comes installed.
- The video camera also supports a memory card that allows you to playback events and has a track of whatever happened.
- Remotely aiming, the camera is silent so it won’t wake up a sleeping child. In low light, the camera automatically switches into night vision mode.
- Has a large display
- Can get connected to up to 4 cameras
- Has an excellent range
- Includes a 2-years warranty
- Excellent customer service
- Has a pan and zoom function
- Quite pricey
- The screen is too bright when it’s dark
Nanit Plus – Smart Baby Monitor and Floor Stand
If you want to have a closer view of your baby, you can zoom in to accomplish that. This monitor allows you to stream videos over a Wi-Fi network, and when the internet is down, you don’t have to worry about checking on your baby because it works even when your internet is down.
The setup process of this monitor’s camera in your baby’s room is also a seamless process. You only need to mount it on the wall behind your baby’s crib so that you can have a great overhead view of your baby. Moreover, it is a safe option in your baby’s room because it has no cords. To mount it on the wall, you have to drill a 3/16- inch hole in the marked spot, then insert the anchor until it’s flush to the wall.
- This monitor tracks your baby’s sounds and motion, and it alerts you through smart notifications. Moreover, it has humidity and temperature sensors to ensure your baby’s sleeping environment is splendid. It also comes with a soft-glow night light.
- Great video quality
- Easy to set up
- Has humidity and temperature sensors
- You can switch off the nightlight remotely
- Gives smart notifications from the app
- You can only adjust the camera using your hands
Summer Infant Baby Wave Deluxe Digital Audio Monitor
Summer Infant is the only device that offers a hands-free option to feel close to the baby from anywhere in your home. The Babble Band fits both mom and dad comfortably and has an easy attach and adjustable clasp. In fact, it is the only baby monitor with wristwatches currently available on the market.
- Monitoring Modes: The device has three different monitoring modes:
- Audio Mode: to hear the baby in the nursery.
- Vibration Mode: to ‘feel’ baby when there is sound in the nursery, but the audio gets turned off.
- Sound Light Mode: Sound-activated LED lights provide a visual cue when there is noise in the nursery and audio gets turned off.
- Battery Life and Range: The device comes with a rechargeable battery with up to 8-hours of continuous monitoring at one-time charging.
- Feature Rich: This baby monitor is from the Summer Infant which is famous for the baby caring product, All the Summer Infant baby caring product is feature-rich and available in the lowest possible price, Summer Infant is the well-known brand so here you don’t need to worry about the quality.
- Babble Band is the first and only available wearable baby monitor
- The device has three different monitoring modes
- 100% Digital Privacy
- Shorter battery life
- No two-way communication
- Doesn’t have a temperature sensor
VTech DM225 Owl Audio Baby Monitor
VTech DM225 audio baby monitor is specially designed and developed to ensure ultra-safety to your baby. It ensures that your baby is safe and feeling comfortable while you are busy with daily routine work around the house. You don’t need to get worried about your baby while staying away. It will definitely help you to increase your productivity.
- Crystal Clear Transmission: The monitor provides you crystal clear transmission of audio which easily cuts down the annoying sound and offers smooth wireless transmission of sound. Undoubtedly, you will listen to the only sound of your little ones.
- 5-Level Sound Indicator: 5-Level Sound Indicator with visual symbol makes VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor very special. The visible bar on the parent unit indicates the level of sound in your baby’s room so you can visually monitor when the device gets muted.
- Vibrating Sound Alert: The feature of vibrating on the baby monitor is reassurance for Deaf parents. Whenever your baby cries, the vibrating sound alert on the parent unit alerts you via vibration that there’s sound in the nursery at all.
- Rechargeable Battery: The device has a rechargeable battery that can easily monitor up to 18 hours on a single charge.
- Belt Clip: The device consists of a belt clip on the parental unit that makes the device more convenient to carry. You can carry the parent unit everywhere you go without the hassle of holding it.
- Two-Way, Talk-Back Intercom: The device is capable of two-way communication. You can actively talk with your little ones while you are busy with daily routine work around the house and respond to every call of your baby. Looking after your baby from another corner of the house or another room is no more issue from now.
- Range: The device offers an excellent range up to 1,000ft outdoors and 160 feet indoors.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology
- Excellent range up to 1,000 ft
- Crystal clear audio transmission and superior range
- Powerful battery backup up to 18 hours on a single charge
- The alerting system includes lights and vibrations; both work great for deaf parents
- No video facility
- No temperature alerts
- Soothing Lullabies is unavailable
- Nearby cordless phones or other electronic devices may interfere
Buyers Guide for Baby Monitor for Heavy Sleepers
A deaf parent cannot rely on traditional baby monitors because of most work-like walkie-talkies. That means that they work by transmitting sound, which makes them useless to deaf parents. Fortunately, you can easily find models that got modified to feature vibration-based alarms.
Additionally, you have to check whether the monitor you want to get features a video display. A monitor with a video display will allow you to see your child from his or her room during naptime. Usually, such monitors come with a camera, That gets placed in the nursery. Different models require to get mounted on different surfaces, but the camera has to have a good angle of your baby’s crib for seamless monitoring.
You cannot purchase a baby monitor for deaf parents and avoid observing its range. The range of the monitor is the distance that the signal gets transmitted between the parent unit and the nursery unit for effective monitoring.
Another critical feature that you need to consider when purchasing the best baby monitor for deaf parents is the light indicator. This feature acts as a good visual indicator to notify you when something is possibly wrong with your baby. It mostly gets activated when your little one is crying or making a sound.
When you’re in pursuit of the best baby monitors for deaf parents, it is imperative you consider the batteries that come with the device. We would suggest that you settle for a baby monitor that has rechargeable batteries.
All the baby monitors in this list get selected according to the need of deaf parents; All of them are feature-rich; if you want, you can check those products by click on the button given above.
I hope this article is helpful for you in selecting a Baby Monitor. If this article on Baby Monitor for Deaf Parents is useful for you, then kindly share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions, then kindly comment down below.