Air Purifier for Baby
As the delivery date fast approaches for your newborn, you’re undoubtedly stocking up on the major necessities for the room, such as a crib, changing table, rocking chair, and decorations. Your baby is indeed absolutely beautiful, one of the sweetest tiny infants ever born, but they need your care a lot. We know that not everyone has time to find, research, and compare air purifiers from a huge market available. Bust first!
Is it a good idea to put an air purifier in the baby’s room?
If you do have a family history of asthma and allergies — or if your baby is showing signs of eczema (a skin condition that’s often linked with asthma and allergies) — you might want to invest in an air purifier. Air purifiers can snatch allergen particles out of the air and trap them in a disposable filter. The fewer allergens circulating in the air, the more likely your child is to stay symptom-free.
Benefits of Air Purifier to your baby’s health include:
- Fewer allergy symptoms
- Fewer headaches
- Minimized shifts in mood
- More energy (pollutants can cause uncontrollable tiredness and fatigue)
- Less risk of developing respiratory conditions like bronchitis and asthma
- Lower chances of experiencing nervous system damage, organ damage, or cancer from long-term exposure to toxins
What is the Safest Air Purifier for Babies?
The two main features you want to look for in a safe air purifier for your baby include:
- A True HEPA Filter is capable of trapping tiny particles down to 0.3 microns.
- An Activated Carbon Filter: works to remove unpleasant odors along with Volatile Organic Compounds.
These two key filters have no harmful effects on your child and ensure that your air purifier gets rid of most pollutants inside your nursery.
The 5 Best Air Purifier for Baby
Having basic knowledge, now lets us dive into the best 5 best Air Purifier for Baby:
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Asthma and Allergy Friendly Air Purifier
Talking about safety for your baby, this product has a certification of Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) in partnership with the international research organization Allergy Standards Limited (ASL), with a recorded amount of ozone emission to be just 0.002 ppm (parts per million), 25 times less than the ozone concentration safety standard set forth.
Model SPA-780A, white, used in a room about 815sq ft. with high ceilings. BioGS HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization covers up to 815 sq. ft. It comes with a free wall mount bracket.
- Attractive design
- Great Smart features
- A top-notch air filtration system
- No lock-out to keep children from changing settings
Airthereal Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Airthereal ADH80 is one of a few air purifiers on budget with a Smart Sensor inside. With the air quality sensor, you can proactively check the air quality measurement in your baby’s room and nursery. The air purifier then automatically selects the correct air purification mode, providing you with the best quality at the lowest energy cost.
- Pre-filter – A preliminary filter covers the True HEPA filter to prolong the core filter’s lifetime by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair, and large dust.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, Airthereal ADH80 can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – Airthereal air purifiers’ real power is inside the carbon filter – a combination of Nano mineral, Cold catalyst, Photocatalyst, and Molecular Sieve carbon. It will absorb the odors, chemicals, and smoke from the indoor air.
- It’s recommended to replace the filter every 6-8 months. We’ve set the alert in the unit to remind you.
- Enter sleep mode to run ADH80 at the quietest fan level and dim all lights. Ensures sweet dreams for you
- The high-quality air filtration system on a budget
- Portable size
- Quiet operation
- Weak fan power
Vornadobaby Purio Nursery Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
If you are looking for an inexpensive solution for your baby’s room, stop reading and buy the Vornadobaby Purio right now. It is simple but powerful, with a True HEPA filter to remove 99.97% of the airborne contaminants and allergens from your baby’s room.
Purio allows parents to create a 99. 97%* pure air environment for baby, without compromising their sense of safety or style. An activated carbon filter adsorbs odors while a True HEPA filter captures 99. 97%* of airborne particles, including allergens, mold, and even many viruses. Three airflow settings allow for excellent control of the baby’s environment, and the “sleepy time” setting automatically quiets Purio in dark conditions.
When it’s time for a filter change, Purio’s filter cover glows gently, serving as a “ping” to parents who want to maintain optimum performance.
- Decent performance
- Certified by the CARB
- Unique Auto Mode
- Very quiet
- Suitable for small room
Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 Air Purifier
If your baby’s room is more on the medium size, then this nursery air purifier would be a better fit. But this device has the added advantage of covering up to 200 square feet of space. Another nice perk is that this device includes a carrying handle, so you can easily transport it from room to room.
This is especially helpful in the early infant months when you don’t always know which room you’ll be spending most of your time in each day. It too includes all of the essential air cleaning technologies as our last review:
- True HEPA Filter
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Ultraviolet Light
- Easy to set up
- Has a 5-year warranty
- Filter Reset Indicator
- UV-C Light Mode
- Suitable for small rooms
LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
Levoit LV-PUR131S has a very good quiet operation. This air purifier only has three fan speeds, and the average noise level is lower than the library mode. Your baby won’t notice the sound when this air purifier is operating for sure.
With a room coverage of 320 square feet, this air purifier is much more suitable for a medium-sized nursery.
- Pre-filter – This fine preliminary filter effectively neutralizes large airborne objects like dust, pet dander, pet hair, mold, and fungi. Remember only to vacuum it, this filter is not washable.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns of all contaminant particles like dust mites, viruses, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This Activated Carbon filter is a must-have to remove odors and smoke.
- Capture pet dander
- Trap allergens
- Easy to setup
- Safe and reliable
- The motor becomes hot after months of using
Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier
Through the use of blade-free fan technology in the distinctive oval ring, Dyson was able to make the air purifier achieve an airflow rate of 77 gallons per second. The fan contains a brushless 10-speed motor that never surpasses 62 decibels of sound. Since the purifier rotates 350 degrees on its circular base, whole-room circulation is guaranteed.
Dyson gives you the option of hands-free control if you pair the purifier to your Alexa device. Through Alexa, you can engage the auto mode and receive audible air quality updates. Alternatively, you can use the Dyson Link app to control the air purifier from your smartphone. The app also shows real-time reports, filter-change notifications, and more.
The LCD is very clear and bright, and the temperature and humidity readouts are visible even at a distance. However, much of the displayed information can be read only from up close or on the app
- The 12-pound purifier also heats and cools the air
- A futuristic graph on-screen graph chart displays the air quality and current temperature.
- From the touch panel on top of the air purifier, you can set the unit to automatically adjust the temperature
- There is a night-time mode that reduces the fan speed and dims the LCD screen.
- Combining the heater and fan is an excellent idea
- The LCD is very clear and bright
- Setup is simple
- The heater cannot be turned on using the app
- The remote registers command only from specific angles
Eureka Instant Clear 26′ NEA120 Purifier
Knowing that bacteria can be devastating to an infant’s developing immune system, you’ll appreciate Eureka’s addition of a germ-killing ultraviolet light. It uses a titanium oxide photocatalyst to accelerate the absorption rate; the UV light quickly and efficiently destroys bacteria on contact. The UV light is safe to operate around a baby as it meets the ozone emission limits set by the California Air Resources Board.
From the simple push-button panel, you can change the fan speed to one of three levels and toggle the UV light. The sound output is exceptionally quiet at a mere 32 decibels on the lowest fan speed, allowing your baby to sleep undisturbed. The air purifier is also easy on the electricity bill. Depending on the fan speed and UV light usage, the purifier draws anywhere from 14 to 54 watts.
- Beautiful, sleek design
- Good-looking and with three buttons
- Three modes of fan speed
- Fan speed is very quiet
- It improves the air quality
- It is a pretty good AP
- You can see lots of particles floating around in the air when using this unit
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home
Levoit’s Compact Air Purifier cleans the air in three ways without releasing ozone into the atmosphere. The pre-filter captures dust mites and other large allergens. Underneath the pre-filter, there is an H13 true-HEPA filter that boasts a 99.95-percent allergen-trapping rate. To eliminate odors, Levoit used an organic carbon filter made of coconut shells, which enhances the filter’s adsorption and strength.
- The air purifier’s three-speed fan cleans the air in rooms as big as 129 square feet
- It produces an extremely quiet sound level of 28 decibels on the lowest setting and a white-noise level of 50 decibels on its highest setting
- Levoit even put a built-in nightlight into the purifier, providing a soothing ambiance in your baby’s room
- Adjusting the fan speed and the nightlight is easy
- Touch controls around the top edge of the purifier let you tap and change the settings for both functions
- The control panel also displays a filter-reset button and indicator
- It’s small and lightweight and doesn’t take up too much space
- Its controls are very simple and intuitive and very responsive to simply touching your finger to the control-face.
- It’s not too expensive
- It’s quite quiet
- It has a blue night-light that has three settings: bright, dim, and off.
- The filters appear to lose their effectiveness in about a month
- It only covers a small area and its air-flow is not very powerful.
Fellowes AeraMax Baby DB5 HEPA Air Purifier
This slim tower has a wide base that prevents tip-overs. With up to 200 square feet of coverage, it’s ideal for the average-sized nursery. The AeraMax D85 offers four purification types, including an antimicrobial-treated true-HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and a PlasmaTRUE ionizer.
- This air purifier has an average clean air delivery rate, or CADR, of 69
- With three fan speeds from which to choose and an AeraSmart air quality indicator, you can manually change the settings or leave the adjustments up to the purifier
- It even has a lock-out feature that keeps curious hands from pressing the touch panel’s buttons and a night mode that dims the lights for peaceful sleep
- True HEPA filter and carbon filter safely remove 99.97% of airborne particles and odors
- AeraSmart feature automatically detects and purifies the air in nurseries
- Reduces odors in rooms from 100 to 200 square feet.
- It is good and quiet
- Have a switch to dim the light at night
- It automatically detects your air supply in your room and adjusts it appropriately
Coway Airmega 300 Smart Air Purifier
The AIRMEGA 300 works smarter, not harder. This cube-like purifier sits on four sturdy legs for the ultimate stability, and it’s super quiet with a sound output range of 22 to 52 decibels. You can keep track of the current air quality with a color-coded indicator ring on the purifier’s front panel. With a coverage limit of 1,256 square feet, it’s suitable for the largest of rooms.
- It features an auto-speed mode and an eco mode, which reduces the fan speed after 10 minutes of continuous healthy air quality
- Thanks to a true-HEPA filter and a carbon filter – allergens and odors don’t stand a chance
- There are four fan speeds from which to choose and an 8-hour timer
- If you want your baby’s room as quiet as possible, sleep mode helps you accomplish this
- Ease of use
- It is quiet
Best Air Purifier for Asthma
If your kid has asthma, then you are here to find the best air purifier for asthmatics. The best air purifier for asthma will pull the various pollutants and contaminants from the air that often trigger asthmatics reactions. With an air purifier for asthma, you will rest breathing easily in your kid’s room or even for adults in the office or home.
In this post, we have put together the five best air purifiers for asthma to help manage your asthmatic condition with ease. Read on to see what we have in store for you.
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
The Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier is responsible for protecting you and your loved ones’ lungs from harmful indoor pollutants while ensuring the air around you is always clean and purified.
It features a 5-stage purification system that eliminates 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns. The system includes the Nano Cold Catalyst filter that removes large particles like dust, pet dander, and toxic household chemicals like ammonia and benzene.
The Cellular Activated Carbon filter is responsible for absorbing and removing odors, smoke, gases, and other volatile organic compounds common in household products. The Antibacterial filter is responsible for removing targeted germs and bacteria.
The True HEPA filter is fitted to efficiently filter up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants and contaminants in the air such as pollen, allergens, mold spores, dust mite, and pet dander. The ozone-safe ionizer works by releasing negative ions that electrically charge the air particles to neutralize them, making them easier to trap. It has a turn-on/off option.
- Flexible with remote control
- Whisper-quiet sleep mode
- Smart air quality sensor
- Lights are too bright
Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier
The Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier is designed to purify the air for asthma. It removes dust, mold spores, pet dander, and allergens in the bedroom, basement, or living room. It comes with filtration stages that feature a pre-filter, v-HEPA filter, and an Activated carbon filter. All these filters have 12 months lifespan, though the pre-filter is recommended to be cleaned.
While the pre-filter is designed to trap the large dust particles and be cleaned by lightly vacuuming, the high-performing v-HEPA filters trap up to 98% of particles. The v-HEPA filters have a seal around them that ensures no air bypasses the filter, which is common with most air cleaners.
The air quality monitor keeps track of the air quality around you and automatically adjusts the fan speed if the air quality is poor, and operated in auto mode. To ensure the air is purified optimally, the filter replacement indicator electronically displays alerts when changing the filters. This is a certified safe air purifier that serves to purify the air around you so that your condition is always improved.
- Effective in purifying air
- Auto mode for easy control
- Removes up to 98% of air pollutants
- Expensive machine and filter replacement
IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier
The IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier is designed with the best media in the industry and a superior filter design to deliver an unparalleled air purification level. The four disposable gas-phase filter cartridges of the GC MultiGas feature the highest-grade activated carbon from bituminous coal for preserving the maximum number of microspores.
The patented triple-sealing technology works to eliminates air leakage as it seals the filter frame 100%. This is a 3D ultra seal that perfectly seals the housing filter frame to ensure no air escapes unfiltered.
For easy control, the unit comes with programmable operation options, filter-life monitoring, and color-coded lights indicate when a filter change is needed. With the program, you can program your GC MultiGas to purify the air around you exactly to the desired level.
- Excellent HyperHEPA filters to remove up to 99.97% ultra-particles
- Low noise level
- Excellent purifying coverage with 320-degree airflow distribution
- It is bulk
- No in-built air quality sensor
Blueair Classic 203 Slim HEPASilent Air Purification System
The Blueair Classic 203 is a perfect air purifier for asthma that gives you a win to your battles against allergies, asthma, and hay fever. It is fitted with True HEPA performance that captures up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants, mold, allergens, smoke particles, dust, pollen, and pet dander. The SmokeStop filter features an activated carbon for removing odors caused by pets, food, smoke, and VOCs.
For lasting performance, the Blueair Classic air purifier is designed with a durable steel body built to stand the test of time. The intuitive design offers an easy-to-control panel. The panel has three different fan speeds, while the filter change indicator alerts you whenever filter change is due.
It is designed for small to medium rooms of between 200sq. Ft. and 300sq. Ft. This air purifier will do magic. It is recommended to replace the filter every six months depending on use.
- Best in class energy performance
- Intuitive design
- Durable with a steel body
- Produces a rotary like sound when in operation
Coway AP-1512HH White HEPA Air Purifier
The Coway AP-1512HH White HEPA Air Purifier is designed with a 4-stage filtration system – Pre-filter, deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, and Vital Ion, that captures and removes up to 99.97% of particles of 0.3 microns in the air. These particles include pollen, allergens, and other pollutants. Besides, it is also able to reduce volatile organic compounds and reduce odor.
This air purifier comes with Coway Mighty pollution sensor that communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED alerts you about how clean or dirty you’re the air around you is every minute of the day. The fan speeds are available in 3 settings, and all the setting is done manually.
Nonetheless, the auto mode automatically optimizes the speeds based on the level of the quality of air. If the is no pollution detected for 30 minutes, the fan automatically stops and subsequently sets it as Eco mode to save energy.
- Perfect for small rooms
- Excellent 4-stage air filtration
- Filter change indicator
- Noisy on higher settings
- Designed for small groups
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies
Levoit Core 300 is the latest compact air purifier of Levoit – one of the most popular air purifier brands in the North American market. With a lovely modern outfit and a fantastic air filtration process for under $100, the Levoit Core 300 will save you from any allergies thanks to the new all-in-one air filter.
The air filter may not run like a high-end air purifier, but it is still a certified True HEPA filter. For the size, this True HEPA filter is not cheap, and the performance of the Levoit Core 300 deserves the class-leader at the budget end of the air purifier market.
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter can capture large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. You need to clean by vacuum this filter regularly because it is only effective for a short time.
- Activated Carbon Filter– This Activated Carbon filter tackles smoke and odors from the kitchen, your pets, or even the outdoors.
- True HEPA filter– Levoit Core 300 uses a True HEPA Filter to reduce 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Great performance rating
- The powerful air filtration process
- Best Deal for the low-range segment
- Quiet Operation
- Only 2-year warranty
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is the latest model of tower air purifiers from the well-known Guardian Technologies company. The design is nicer, and it is easier to install and uninstall the air filters inside. Also, you get an upgraded genuine True HEPA filter with a higher level of filtration as below.
It combines with an Activated Carbon filter to remove large particles of pollutants and reduce odors created from smoke, cooking, and pets.
True HEPA filter
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA also uses a True HEPA Filter to capture 99.97% of allergens, including pet dander, dust mites, and pollen as small as 0.3 microns in size.
This air purifier uses a UV bulb to kill airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold spores.
- It is the certified True HEPA filter made by one of the air purifier leaders in the North American market
- This air purifier gets a decent fan power with 107 Dust/ 99 Smoke/ 116 Pollen (cfm)
- It is recommended to use in small and medium rooms, and thanks to the portable and tower design, the GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA won’t use much space in your room.
- Good performance for the money
- Modern design
- Good deal
- 3-year warranty
- Quite noisy at the highest setting
- Lacks of Smart features
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier for Home
This purifier is very good indeed. Not too small, more than up to the job good looking and not too large.
This is also very quiet and whisper-quiet in sleep mode, which means you can have it all night should you wish no problem. Another big plus is the remote control very easy to use.
Hard to find a negative point; however, if you want to be picky, the instruction manual isn’t as comprehensive as it might be.
- Easier to clean
- Filters are really good
- Much nicer looking
- Good timer range
- Air sensor is better
- Very quiet
- The remote buttons not well organized
- Lights are very bright
Kokofit Air Purifiers
This Kokofit air Purifier works fast, and the sounds low; it only takes a short time to freshen the air, even during or after cooking. The screen shows from red to green. The buttons are clear and comfortable; it has a different mode to choose usually; I choose auto, you can set up the timer too. It also looks very stylish and clean in white color.
- It doesn’t make any loud noise
- Easy to operate, it needs a slight touch
- Time and fan speed adjustments are good
- It is portable
- Easy to use
- It’s portable
- It’s quiet
Tincoco Air Purifier
Are you looking for an air purifier that you can set on a tabletop? Then Tincoco fits your search. On top of being extremely effective, this air purifier is far more compact and attractive than any other I’ve owned. It’s modern-looking and could fit in with just about any decor, and is so lightweight and compact.
You can choose to keep it on the highest of the three settings to get the maximum CADR, and it’s relatively quiet. The white noise at night is relaxing, and it blocks out noises that would otherwise wake you up.
- With Sleep Mode running at the lowest fan speed, this air cleaner is just at 20dB
- Genuine Replacement: Easily obtainable for under 29 dollars with the replacement filter
- It’s portable
- Easy to use
- It’s very quiet
- Excellent value for the money
Here are a few things to look for when choosing an air purifier for your little one’s nursery.
1. Choose a HEPA filter.
To help combat allergies, the AAP recommends using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) purifier, which can filter and remove most irritating particles from the air.
2. Check the cost of replacement filters.
Not all reasonably-priced air purifiers are good deals.
3. Skip ionizing purifiers
Some air purifiers use ionizers to attract allergens — but this process creates ozone, a lung pollutant that can be even more harmful to asthma people.
4. Choose the right size.
Air purifiers get designed to work in rooms of a certain size. If your nursery measures 500 square feet, a device that’s only capable of filtering allergens in 300 square foot rooms may not be very effective at filtering out the allergens.
Baby needs caring, so if you are looking for an air cleaning system, you should check the criteria above to make the baby room and nursery’s best air purifier. You can also consider buying from the list reviewed above.
When it comes to purchasing an air purifier for asthma, it is important to consider one fitted with a HEPA filter. This filter does a perfect job by removing up to 99.97%% of pollutants and allergens that are common causes of asthma attacks.