As the delivery date fast approaches for your newborn, you’re undoubtedly stocking up on the major necessities for the room such as a crib, changing table, rocking chair, and decorations. Your baby is indeed absolutely beautiful, one of the sweetest tiny infants ever born, but they need your care a lot. We know that not everyone has time to find, research, and compare air purifiers from a huge market available. Bust first!
Is it a good idea to put an air purifier in the baby’s room?
If you do have a family history of asthma and allergies — or if your baby is showing signs of eczema (a skin condition that’s often linked with asthma and allergies) — you might want to invest in an air purifier. Air purifiers can snatch allergen particles out of the air and trap them in a disposable filter. The fewer allergens circulating in the air, the more likely your child is to stay symptom-free.
Benefits of Air Purifier to your baby’s health include:
- Fewer allergy symptoms
- Less headaches
- Minimized shifts in mood
- More energy (pollutants can cause uncontrollable tiredness and fatigue)
- Less risk of developing respiratory conditions like bronchitis and asthma
- Lower chances of experiencing nervous system damage, organ damage, or cancer from long-term exposure to toxins
What is the Safest Air Purifier for Babies?
The two main features you want to look for in a safe air purifier for your baby include:
- A True HEPA Filter is capable of trapping tiny particles down to 0.3 microns.
- An Activated Carbon Filter: works to remove unpleasant odors along with Volatile Organic Compounds.
These two key filters have no harmful effects on your child and ensure that your air purifier gets rid of the majority of pollutants inside your nursery.
The 5 Best Air Purifier for Baby
Having basic knowledge, now lets us dive into the best 5 best Air Purifier for Baby:
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Asthma and Allergy Friendly Air Purifier
Talking about safety for your baby, this product has a certification of Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) in partnership with the international research organization Allergy Standards Limited (ASL), with a recorded amount of ozone emission to be just 0.002 ppm (parts per million), 25 times less than the ozone concentration safety standard set forth.
Model SPA-780A, white, used in a room about 815sq ft. with high ceilings. BioGS HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization covers up to 815 sq. ft. It comes with a free wall mount bracket.
- Attractive design
- Great Smart features
- A top-notch air filtration system
- No lock-out to keep children from changing settings
Airthereal Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Airthereal ADH80 is one of a few air purifiers on budget with a Smart Sensor inside. With the air quality sensor, you can proactively check the air quality measurement in your baby room and nursery. The air purifier then automatically selects the correct air purification mode, providing you with the best quality at the lowest energy cost.
- Pre-filter – A preliminary filter covers the True HEPA filter, to prolong the lifetime of the core filter, by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair and large dust.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, Airthereal ADH80 can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – The real power of Airthereal air purifiers is inside the carbon filter – a combination of Nano mineral, Cold catalyst, Photocatalyst, and Molecular Sieve carbon. It will absorb the odors, chemicals, and smoke from the indoor air.
- It’s recommended to replace the filter every 6-8 months. We’ve set the alert in the unit to remind you.
- Enter sleep mode to run ADH80 at the quietest fan level and dim all lights. Ensures sweet dreams for you
- The high-quality air filtration system on a budget
- Portable size
- Quiet operation
- Weak fan power
Vornadobaby Purio Nursery Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
If you are looking for an inexpensive solution for your baby room, stop reading and buy the Vornadobaby Purio right now. It is simple but powerful, with a True HEPA filter to remove 99.97% of the airborne contaminants and allergens from your baby’s room.
Purio allows parents to create a 99. 97%* pure air environment for baby, without compromising their sense of safety or style. An activated carbon filter adsorbs odors while a True HEPA filter captures 99. 97%* of airborne particles including allergens, mold, and even many viruses. Three airflow settings allow for excellent control of the baby’s environment, and the “sleepy time” setting automatically quiets Purio in dark conditions.
When it’s time for a filter change, Purio’s filter cover glows gently, serving as a “ping” to parents who want to maintain optimum performance.
- Decent performance
- Certified by the CARB
- Unique Auto Mode
- Very quiet
- Suitable for small room
Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 Air Purifier
If your baby’s room is more on the medium size, then this nursery air purifier would be a better fit. But this device has the added advantage of covering up to 200 square feet of space. Another nice perk is that this device includes a carrying handle, so you can easily transport it from room to room.
This is especially helpful in the early infant months when you don’t always know which room, you’ll be spending most of your time in each day. It too includes all of the essential air cleaning technologies as our last review:
- True HEPA Filter
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Ultraviolet Light
- Easy to set up
- Has a 5-year warranty
- Filter Reset Indicator
- UV-C Light Mode
- Suitable for small rooms
LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
Levoit LV-PUR131S has a very good quiet operation. This air purifier only has 3 fan speeds, and the average noise level is lower than the library mode. Your baby won’t notice the sound when this air purifier is operating for sure.
And, with the room coverage of 320 square feet, this air purifier is much more suitable for a medium-sized nursery.
- Pre-filter – This fine preliminary filter is effective at neutralizing airborne large objects like dust, pet dander, pet hair, mold, and fungi. Remember to only vacuum it, this filter is not washable.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns all contaminant particles like dust mites, viruses, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This Activated Carbon filter is a must-have to remove odors and smoke.
- Capture pet dander
- Trap allergens
- Easy to setup
- Safe and reliable
- The motor becomes hot after months of using
Here are a few things to look for when choosing an air purifier for your little one’s nursery.
- Choose a HEPA filter. To help combat allergies, the AAP recommends using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) purifier, which can filter and remove the majority of irritating particles from the air.
- Check the cost of replacement filters. Not all reasonably-priced air purifiers are good deals.
- Skip ionizing purifiers. Some air purifiers use ionizers to attract allergens — but this process just creates ozone, a lung pollutant that can be even more harmful to people with asthma.
- Choose the right size. Air purifiers get designed to work in rooms of a certain size. If your nursery measures 500 square feet, a device that’s only capable of filtering allergens in 300 square foot rooms may not be very effective at filtering out the allergens.
Baby needs caring, so if you are looking for an air cleaning system, you should check the criteria above to make the best air purifier for baby room and nursery. You can also consider buying from the list reviewed above.