5 Best Skateboard Helmets
Whether you are planning to buy your first skateboard and get into the hobby or you’ve been skateboarding for decades, being safe while you do so is crucial. Wearing a helmet and pads when on your board is the best way to prevent injuries, while skateboarding
No matter how crazy you get with new tricks or locations, you won’t have to worry that you’re going to injure yourself seriously—everyone from beginner to professional needs a helmet. The good news is that there are plenty of them on the market, and finding one that is safe and comfortable isn’t as difficult as you might think.
Due to their necessity and demand, many brands in the market manufacture skateboard helmets. Unfortunately, not all of them are reliable. Searching for the best skateboard helmet is often a daunting process and involves browsing through hundreds of different products.
We know how precious your time is, and for that reason, we have partly done the shopping for you. Keep reading as we review five of the best basketball helmets on the market. We will also give you a few tips on how to choose a skateboard helmet. But before diving into the best helmet, it’s good to look for various type of helmets.
Types of Helmets
There are many different styles of skateboard helmets out there. You may find yourself mostly running into a standard helmet, but there are other options. We’ll look at the alternatives, so you have an idea of what you can choose from in the end.
- Full Face Skateboard Helmet
If you want the best safety possible while on your skateboard, the full face is the correct answer. Because your entire face and head get covered, you can’t fall and smack your head or jaw. For those who are into more aggressive riding, this is the right option for you.
- Youth Skateboard Helmets
You want to be sure that any helmet bought for a child is the safest possible. Do your research and double-check to ensure it is the best you can get. Children can fall and get injured, and nobody wants to end up in that situation as a parent or other loved one.
- Leisure Skateboard Helmets
This type of helmet is an aesthetically appealing one that looks cool while you skate. These are lightweight and typically have extra ventilation for racing. However, these can also be more expensive than other options.
- BMX Biking Helmets
This helmet is for those who BMX, but it can also get used when skateboarding. They come in both full and open-face style. You’ll get the best protection from the full-face, which is often used for BMX racing, but the open-face is popular for dirt jumping and flat riding.
If you are looking for the best helmet that also suits your pocket, here is our top list for you.
Pro-Tec Classic Skate Helmet
Pro-Tec Classic Skate Helmet is of a high-impact ABS shell made with a dual-foam liner. It incorporates Dri-Lex, which offers the best comfort while skating around the neighbourhood.
It can get used in the street, at skate parks, or on half-pipes and offers the highest protection level on the market. This is multi-certified and multi-impact with four different certifications to prove the dedication to keeping you safe.
The design of this helmet is classic and old-school with a minimalist feel. However, it has all the most modern technology to make it the best of both worlds. It comes in numerous colors, from a simple white or black to red, green, pink, and silver.
It comes with a total of 11 vents, so you’ll be cool anytime you’re skating. Plus, Pro-Tec has been on the market for nearly 50 years, so you know they have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn’t.
- Moisture-wicking liner
- Eleven vents
- Not safety certified
Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skate Helmet
The Pro-tec helmet is one of the best skateboard helmets for adults. You might have heard about the top quality of this brand in the community.
With the High-impact ABS shell, you can feel the toughness of this beast. Combine with the certified EPS liner; it is ready to withstand multiple impacts.
If you prefer some technical information, this helmet got certified under ASTM F1492. You will also feel cool most of the time, all thanks to the 11 ventilation system. Not many helmets like Pro-tec can fit in many vents without compromising the quality. We were amazed by this design.
- Top-quality high-impact ABS shell
- EPS liner can endure multiple impacts
- Certified with ASTM F1492
- 11 vents for ultimate cooling
- Meets all safety standards
- Offer maximum impact absorption
- Comes with nylon-webbed straps for added safety
- The strap does not tighten enough for children, the best fit for adult only
- The matte finish can get scratches easily that drive down the cool look
OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet
This helmet got built for both comfort and impact resistance with a reinforced abs shell & thickened shock-absorbing eps core.
- Skateboard helmet with two removable liners for different head sizes and easy to wash the sweat away.
- Smooth Ventilation System and Dual Safety Certifications helps to protect and enjoy skating, cycling, BMX, Mtb, and more
- Well-attached & long-lasting adjustment dial and skin-friendly adjustable chin strap maximize the best fit and comfortable wearing.
- Extra removable liner & our customer-favorite lifetime warranty, and friendly customer service.
- Lightweight and good shock absorption
- The durable and protective shell
- CPSC certificated and 1-year warranty
- Removable lining for easy maintenance
- The adjustability isn’t as much as other helmets
Triple Eight The Certified Sweatsaver Helmet for Skateboarding
The Triple Eight Sweatsaver is the most classic helmet from the brand, and it has been around for nearly 20 years now. This helmet comes in multiple colors with a rubber surface and a sweat saver liner inside.
That means no matter how hard you’re out there skating all day; you don’t have to worry about coming home smelly and covered in sweat. The best part is that there are replacement liners, so you can swap them out and keep the helmet as long as you like.
- Dual-certified skateboard helmet with high impact-absorbing EPS foam, thick dual-density soft foam, and plush moisture-wicking Sweatsaver fabric
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards
- Includes two different sets of removable, washable, terrycloth Sweatsaver liners to customize fit; adjustable helmet strap with side release buckle.
- Advanced multi-impact design
- Adjustable strap
- Triple eight customized logo rivets with sweat saver liner inside
- Good ventilation to keep your head cool while skating
- The plastic on the outside of the shell is a bit thin, though it won’t break easily
TSG – Pass Full-face Helmet
Some people want safety and look simultaneously, and TGS Pass Helmet is one of those beauties. While it is highly light in weight, it looks attractive on the streets and is a full-face helmet.
Unlike many helmets, it doesn’t have any EPS foam visible around its shell edges and features magnetic cheek pads that make cleaning more manageable and comes with a liner for added comfy fit.
Its venting system is worth mentioning here that helps keep your head cool. Also, if you love to wear your favorite goggles, you can. Thanks to its spacious front opening that allows you to do so.
Its liner feels exceptionally comfortable the moment you wear it, and even when near-saturated with sweat on hotter days, you won’t have any trouble wearing it and riding down the street. You’ll also love its double D-ring closure system.
As compared to other products at the same price, its chin guard has enough flex and passes the squeezer test and thus increases your overall confidence level when riding on the road.
Critical Criteria to Consider When Choosing Skateboard Helmets Near me
When it comes to buying the fitting helmet, here are some get-away:
Having a tight and uncomfortable helmet is the worst thing you should worry about constantly. Ensure the tip of the helmet you wear is about 2.5 cm away upward from your eyebrows or forehead.
Make sure you check which certification the helmet complies with. As consumers, we can’t tell the difference between materials and the overall construction.
Easy pick on this one; make sure they have enough vents on the sides, rear, and top of the helmet. Also, check if you can hear the surrounding noises. You need to know a car or something is coming from behind if you skate on the street.
Straps and retention system
Though these play a minor role, yet they complete your safety picture! Make sure the straps and buckle can tightly secure your head.
Now you know exactly what to look for in a skateboarding helmet and have our thoughts on the five best on the market today. Whether you only skateboard or participate in other sports, you’re sure to find an option that fits your needs.
Remember the factors that we have discussed in the buying guide section on how to choose skateboard helmets. Considering these factors will ensure that you get the best skateboard helmet that will provide optimum protection and fit you.
- Skate Shoe Brands List
- Best Boxer Briefs for Hiking
- Best Roller Skates for Outdoors
- Best Electric Scooter for Climbing Hills