- Massage often is used to relieve common symptoms of many types of arthritis: reducing wrist and finger pain, easing anxiety, improving range of motion in joints, and promoting more restful sleep.
With all the work your hands do all day, it’s surprising we don’t think much to massage our hands. However, without proper self-care, your hands, wrist, and forearms can sustain repetitive injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome. You can also experience a reduced range of motion in your hands as well as pain in the wrist.
With a full hand massage that hits all these trigger points, you can feel your entire body relax. If you have ever enjoyed foot reflexology and felt a sense of total body relaxation from experience, chances are you will enjoy a good hand massage, too.
Benefits of Using a Rheumatoid Arthritis Massage Machine
The health benefits of an excellent full-body massage have been documented over and over again. At the same time, hand massage has been undermined repeatedly because it has been considered less effective. On the contrary, a hand massage is equally beneficial for physical and mental health as the massage penetrates deep in your hand tissues hence the word finger pain reliever. The following are a few reasons why you would get a hand massage.
- People who work on the laptop all day can not only get eye strain, but they also suffer from cramped hands. A hand massage is beneficial in regulating the blood circulation in the hands and reducing the pain.
- Many experts suggest hand massages because research shows that they can improve sleep. A hand massage will not treat your insomnia, but it sure will help you get a peaceful sleep.
- As people get old, they lose strength, and their grip also weakens. Regular massages on the hand can strengthen the muscles and improve the grip.
- Just like a full body massage improves the mood and induces relaxation, a hand massage has the same effect on the brain. Additionally, massaging your hand muscles softly is also effective in reducing anxiety.
Best Hand Massager for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Scientific evidence has shown that a regular hand massage may help ease pain, increase hand strength, and reduce stress and anxiety feelings. Hand massage can complement treatments for arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, and other conditions. In this post, we will review the best hand massager for arthritis.
The Breo iPalm520s provides air compression and heat, which fits any hand size inside its soft, comfortable glove. It can heat up to 107 degrees F, and you can control the temperature with the settings. You can plug it in can run on AA batteries, so it’s easy to use anywhere.
Many users were disappointed with the Breo hand massager because it only applies pressure and heat and provides no pinpoint massage. Without kneading, rolling, or acupressure, it’s like having your hand-squeezed but not massage.
While the compression and heat work to restore circulation, it may not help people with tight tendons and muscles in their hands. However, people experiencing numbness and arthritis in their hands have benefited from it. By improving circulation, daily use with this device could potentially prevent and ward off stiffness and tightness in your hands caused by repetitive movements.
- Can be used plugged in or wireless
- You control the temperature
- Improves circulation very effectively with air compression
- Lacks any kneading, rolling, or pinpoint massage.
Daiwa Felicity Hand Massagers
Unlike the Breo, the Daiwa Felicity hand massager provides pinpoint kneading on the backs and palms of your hands. Rather than rollers that may feel too hard and painful, it utilizes small airbags that inflate and deflate, as well as tiny nodes, which apply pressure on specific trigger points.
It’s powered by rechargeable lithium batteries that give you up to 3 hours of continuous charge.
Unfortunately, this product’s heat feature lacks, as it doesn’t get very hot or give you a temperature reading. However, this device’s massage features are more satisfying for tired, tight, and inflamed hands from repetitive movements and manual labor.
If you have a painful condition like arthritis, the massage may be too intense for you, and you might benefit from a device that reaches higher temperatures.
- Great massage features, with air compression bags and nodes for pinpoint massage
- Long battery life
- Not enough heat for some
- Not ideal for people with painful hand conditions
Lunix Cordless Electric Hand Massager
It’s highly rated for its effectiveness in helping with painful conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
However, many people who want more than just heat, compression, and vibration are disappointed.
On the other hand, a kneading massage is often too intense for people with arthritis and other painful hand conditions. This massager is ideal for people who need to increase circulation and reduce inflammation without causing pain.
It comes with a bonus finger massager you can use manually to help improve joint health in your fingers.
- Wide range of settings, including six intensity levels and six programmed massages
- Designed to hit specific reflexology points
- Includes USB charger for desktop charging
- Includes bonus manual finger massager
- Takes up to 10 minutes to heat up
- Doesn’t provide kneading or rolling; the only compression
Carepeutic Hand-to-Wrist Warming Acupressure Massager
The Carepeutic Hand-to-Wrist Warming Acupressure Massager features stretching and soothing heated compression massage techniques to effectively relieve wrist pain, hand pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive workplace injuries. It is a natural massage technique to keep your hands and wrists supple and ease pain from tendonitis, arthritis, and overuse injuries.
It is a natural massage technique to keep your hands and wrists supple and ease pain from tendonitis, arthritis, and overuse injuries. Its two-way air pressure from top and bottom with built-in hundreds of small acupressure nodes help loosen up hands and wrists and fully extend fingers to promote relaxation and ease the pain of repetitive stress disorders from a long period of computer work.
Carepeutic Hand-to-Wrist Warming Acupressure Massager comes with airbags from wrist to hand palm and fingers with ergonomic design and enlarged compartment; it is suitable for both hands and wrist stretching and massaging. Vibration with heat treatment on hand back warms up hands, helps penetrate thermal energy deep into tissues, and speeds up blood circulation. It stretches hand palm and fingers to ease tension and improve flexibility and mobility in hands and wrists.
- Air pressure massage, vibration massage healing, and heat treatment can work alone or simultaneously.
- It comes with six selective automatic massage programs
- Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 6.5 x 5 inches; 2.1 pounds
- Affordable price
- Helps with health conditions like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and peripheral neuropathy
- Comes with built-in rechargeable battery
- It is compatible with other USB adaptors
- Heat and pressure not intense enough for some people with strained, overused hands
Roleo Hand Massager for Arthritis
It works like a foam roller, but it has rollers that massage along both the tops and bottoms of your hands, wrists, or forearms. This way, you get lots of compressions and a firm kneading action at the same time.
This is a manual device that doesn’t provide heat or other features like vibration. However, if you found that an electric hand massager didn’t have the intensity you were looking for, then the Roleo might work better for you.
Like with a foam roller, you can control the massage and focus on the areas where there’s tension. This is a great way to improve injuries or pain caused by repetitive stress and heavy use of your hands and arms.
However, it’s not necessarily designed for people with arthritis, peripheral neuropathy, or other chronic conditions, which would better benefit from a gentler device.
- Let’s you control the amount of pressure and the placement of pressure
- Massage your wrists and forearms instead of just your hands
- Kneads muscles and provides a myofascial release to help you recover from injury or strain
- Not ideal for people with sensitive hands and joint pain
- Doesn’t massage fingers
- No heat features
Conair HydroSpa Massaging Hand Sauna with Steam
The HydroSpa from Conair is an affordable hand massager with a range of features that can help hand pain. It has infrared heat to ease inflammation and reduce pain, vibration to increase circulation, and steam to soften your hands and reduce stiffness.
While it’s ideal for someone with arthritis, it doesn’t provide the kneading massage you may be looking for to tackle tension or knotted tendons in your hands.
You can choose to use a combination of the three modes (steam, infrared, and vibration) or use them one at a time, so you get a highly customized treatment.
This hand spa can improve your hands’ appearance by increasing moisture and blood flow in the skin.
While it comes at a reasonable price and can help energize your hands by boosting circulation, it doesn’t provide any compression.
- Great price
- Moisturizes hands with steam
- Reduces pain and inflammation with infrared heat
- No compression features
Breo WOWOS Hand Massage
The Breo WOWOS has five different massage modes, and you can choose between 3 intensity levels. It has airbags that inflate and deflate to compress different points throughout your fingers and palms.
By heating up to 107 degrees F and isolating each finger with air pressure massage, it relieves stiffness and restores blood flow, and it has a different setting for the right and left hand to ensure pinpoint accuracy.
A rechargeable lithium battery powers it, and the inside material is made of PU leather for comfort and easy cleaning.
The WOWOS is explicitly designed for women since it aims to have pinpoint accuracy on trigger points. Men with larger hands probably won’t get the same benefits from it.
- Massages each finger and fingertips
- Designed with accuracy for women’s hands
- Heats to a high, controlled temperature
- Wide range of settings for customization
- Leather inside for easy cleaning
- Doesn’t fit large hand sizes
Electric Hand Massager for Palm Massage
Do you want to relieve finger numbness and joint pain and relax your hand muscles? This unique hand massage combines Air Compression and Heat to knead the fingers and palm simultaneously. Precision engineered using sophisticated microchip programming; intelligent air pressure generates a soothing rhythm to accurately imitate reflexology-like kneading to the acupressure points simultaneously to the fingers, palm, and top and bottom of the hand. It’s like a REAL hand massage whenever you need it.
The soft interior cushion ensures a 100% comfortable—massager, with a built-in rechargeable battery that you can use wherever you want without worrying about cords or outlets.
- Rated Power: 8W;
- Rated Voltage: 5V, 1000mA
- Protection Time: 15 minutes
- Battery Capacity: 2200mAh
- Power Type: lithium battery
- Massage Mode: Airbag
- 18-month warranty
- Easy to use
- Easy to carry
- Heat feature
- Comes with no charger
Sharper Image Hand Compression Vibrating Hand Massage
Using a combination of vibration and air pressure inspired by reflexology, this hand compression massager will help bring relief to any tired hands. The exterior is masterly crafted with a quality leather exterior, while the inside contains a padded interior that provides you with maximum comfort. The top has a fancy control panel with an on/off button for smooth operation and the option to choose between vibration and air pressure mode.
- Simple cozy design
- Padded interior for more comfort
- Fancy control panel
- Limited massage modes
- Tight on the hands
- Not ideal for large hands
HoMove Hand Roller Massager
HoMove hand massager adopts roller (2 finger massager rollers, one finger upholding roller), air pressure, and warm compress massage technology. It applies a professional massage experience to generate a soothing rhythm to accurately imitate reflexology-like kneading to the acupressure points simultaneously to the fingers and palm. If you are looking for a thumb-relieving massager, this is not for you.
The air pressure and roller intensity are fully adjustable to suit your needs at a comfort level. There are three levels of hands massaging intensity for you to choose from. Specially designed dimples provide just the right amount and coverage of massaging pressure to your hands and fingers. We recommended using the Palm MODE only if finger rollers are too tight for you.
The kneading massage technique involves the compression of your soft tissues against the underlying bone structures or one another.
Joint roller design help to accelerate your finger’s blood circulation, which can make your finger relaxing.
- Air Pressure
It has 19 groups of airbags, three sets of air valves. Airbags work in a rhythm of inflating and deflating, offering comfortable air pressure on your hand.
- Heat Therapy
Heat therapy is probably one of the best ways to unwind after a long day at work, promoting comfort and relaxation, and it can also take the edge off some aches and pains. It can be an effective treatment for stiffness and cramping.
- Has different modes
- Easy to use
- Easily portable
- Not suitable for those with bony knots or deformed fingers
Infrared Wrist and Finger Pain Reliever
Best infrared wrist and finger can help reduce pain in the wrist and improve function for people with RA. Studies have shown that regular massage and self-massage can lead to a decrease in pain and improved grip strength, range of motion, and general joint function. here are the best massager this year
Cunmiso Cordless Electric Hand Massager for Arthritis
Cunmiso Wireless hand massager would be a blessing to knock down all types of Arthritis symptoms, like wrist pain, joint pain, itches, and carpal tunnel syndrome tendonitis, especially senior citizens. Besides, a hand massager should be the perfect gift to improve blood circulation and reduce pain for a desk worker, pianist, house-worker, or a person who urges his hands in the relentless work.
Cunmiso Cordless electric hand massager was designed to provide six different pressure point therapy with six intensity levels. A blessing for Arthritis patients with different needs. Hand massager machine offers premium shiatsu and acupoint massaging with air compression. It comes with an ergonomic design by evenly pressure distribution to the palm and wrist’s acupuncture points.
- No electric leakage or short circuit.
- Heat up to around 104°F and create pressure in every corner of your wrist and palm.
- The heat functionalities will await you for 5min to reach the optimum
- It has two vibrational modes, so you can toggle between two and stimulate more blood circulation.
- Silica gel at the bottom helps to fix the therapy massager without sliding.
- 2500mAh rechargeable battery ensures long-lasting using time
- Rechargeable battery
- No electric leakage or short circuit.
- Massage your wrists and forearms instead of just your hands
- Best for the price
CINCOM Rechargeable Hand Massager with Heat for Women
Featuring a soft interior, here is a very comfy unit that you will find excellent for your hand massage. The interior is also more extensive; hence it fits most hand sizes. Second, to this, it has a built-in rechargeable battery that keeps it running for a long. The sleek and compact design of the unit is a perfect pick that you can use anywhere needed. The hand massager combines heat, air compression, and vibrations to knead simultaneously.
It also provides an excellent heat therapy that will improve blood circulation and relieve the swelling points. Its vibration aids in reducing numbness, arthritis, and stiffness. This is an excellent device that will offer the best solution for your hand massage.
- Relief both hand and wrist muscles
- Easy to choose the suitable temperature with the high or low temperature available as you need
- It’s a very light and portable design with a storage bag; you can easily carry it anywhere
- The rechargeable design allows you to enjoy hand massage anytime and anywhere
- From the palm to each finger, get a deep kneading massage
- Soft interior cushion
- Three massage modes
- 2500mAh battery
- Ideal for people who suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and joint pain
- It massages rhythmically to encourage oxygen-rich blood to flow into stiff and sore areas
- It minimizes stiffness and numbness
- It’s a perfect pick for the cost
- Provides great comfy and relaxation
- Soothe the hand numbness & reduce pain
- Improve circulation & warm your cold hands
PGG Cordless Electric Hand Massager Machine with Compression
The hand massager offers gentle infrared heat, gentle vibration that will bring about great massage. The gentle vibration of the massager will perfectly relax the hands, which aids in offering a more sensational massage. To add more, it also has warm steam that aids in softening the skin plus will deliver a spa-quality and all-natural massage treatment.
- Based on the principles of human engineering and acupuncture
- 2200mah battery
- ABS material
- Infrared heat soothing
- Gentle vibration massager
- Sleek, compact design
- Delivers spa-quality treatment
- Simpler to use and control
- An affordable unit
Cordless Electric Hand Massager Machine with Heat
If you are an office worker, housewife, an athlete with mouse hands, swollen hands, or overused hands, it is precisely made for you. In the long run, the regular and proper stimulus to the palm can also benefit internal organs.
The hand massager works by applying compression to multiple pressure points throughout your fingers, hand, palm, and wrist to relieve tension and reduce pain.
There is a Male or Female option to help you select the intensity range quickly. And the combination of different modes and three intensity levels can 100% meet your demand.
4 Massage mode:
- First Mode: Combination between Fingers and Palm Massage
- Second Mode: Palm and Wrist Massage combination
- Third Mode: Combination between Fingers and Wrist Massage
- Fourth Mode: Fingers, Palm and Wrist Massage combination
- The massager provides up to 4 modes to specifically stimulate different hand areas in order
- The lowest strength can be great for sensitive hands
- The heating function helps improve blood circulation and repair damaged cells.
- A lithium-Ion battery includes in the unit, and a USB cord comes with the package so that you can charge in any USB port like a computer.
- The LCD touch screen makes operation more convenient and smart, can let you know the current situation more easily.
- Battery Capacity: 2500 mAh
- Charging Time: 2.5-3H
- Rated Power: 5W
- Heat Temperature: 109.4°F ± 35.6°F
- It’s roughly 6” wide, 4” tall, and 14” long
- Simpler to use and control
- An affordable unit
- A timer can be set to turn off after a certain amount of time 1-15 minutes.
Comfier Wireless Hand Massager
Comfier Hand Warmer Massager with heat compression helps keep your hands warm and moist prevents dryness. It provides gentle heat therapy that helps promote blood circulation and ease sore muscles, numbness, and cold fingers and palm. You can personalize your massager by setting three pressure programs with three heat levels.
Comfier Hand Palm Massager gets built-in air pressure inflates and deflates on all the sides of your hands and applies three pressure Modes & 3 levels of intensity. The messenger-designed modes help to rhythmically pressurize the whole hand, starting from the wrist to the palms and fingers.
- The massager helps soothe any knots and effectively relieve carpal tunnel and ease finger pains
- Comfier cordless massager soothes the hands and fingers from top to bottom for that relaxing feeling.
- It’s a built-in Lithium-Ion battery with no need for replacement. It is also rechargeable and comes with a USB cord
- This hand massager machine is lightweight & portable
- Convenient to use at home, in the office, or on the go.
- Lightweight and easy to carry for massage everywhere.
- 30 Timer for safe use.
- This hand massager is convenient to use and saves you money and time visiting a professional massage parlor.
- Good pressure and long-lasting energy
- The machine is open on both sides so that feature is very helpful if you have long fingers
- High-quality unit
- Easy to use
- It can work 80 to 90 minutes on one full charge
Factors to Consider Before Buying Hand Massager for Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you’re new to the best massager for arthritis, you’ll want to know the features you should look at. We’ve done the research and found that the most effective and highly rated hand massagers include these elements:
A Heat Feature
Heat increases blood flow and reduces stiffness in the connective tissues in your joints. This can help relieve pain, inflammation, and water retention, giving you better comfort and range of motion in your hands.
Because there are so many joints in your hands and fingers, a heat feature is a must-have for a good electric hand massager.
If you’ve ever heard of an air compression leg massager, hand massagers can work similarly by squeezing your hands.
This gives you an instant boost in circulation and helps relieve fatigue, pain, and inflammation. Many hand massagers contain air pressure bags that inflate and deflate to create this effect.
Some have more giant airbags that make it feel like your entire hand is being squeezed, while others have smaller bags that can create a kneading effect when they inflate and deflate in succession.
If your hands feel heavy, tired, and strained after working hard all day, vibration can help restore their energy and get them feeling light again.
Having a vibration feature on your hand massager gives you an instant boost, so you don’t have to wait for the massager to heat up. Vibration can help loosen tight, taut muscles in your hands in a pain-free, relaxing way.
Long Battery Life
Electric hand massagers typically include rechargeable batteries, which allow you to take them anywhere and use them any time. Look for a device that guarantees a decent length of battery life before it needs to be recharged so that it’s able to power on for you when you need it.
Electric hand massagers are designed for people with a wide range of different symptoms and ailments involving their fingers, hands, and arms.
With all the different things hand massagers can do, it’s essential to have one that lets you customize the experience and tailor the massage to your needs. Look for one that has different intensity level settings and different massage modes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a hand massage called?
Hand reflexology is an ancient healing practice that targets your body’s specific areas by applying pressure to points on the hands. It is a quick, simple treatment that can help to alleviate a variety of ailments and issues.
2. What does a massager do?
Massage therapy relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces painful contractions and spasms. Massage can also reduce nerve compression. To understand this, consider that when muscles get contracted, they sometimes compress the nerves around them.
3. Do hand massagers work for arthritis?
Studies have shown that having a professional hand massage just once a week and doing self-massage once a day may help reduce the pain associated with many conditions, including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and neuropathy.
4. Can you get rid of arthritis bumps on your fingers?
The pain eventually diminishes, but the bony protrusion is permanent. The pain can get treated with rest, splints, heat or ice, physical therapy, and pain medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Surgery is sometimes done to remove the nodes or replace or fuse the affected joint.
5. Is massage good for arthritis?
Massage helps relieve pain and eases the muscle stiffness associated with arthritis by improving circulation and reducing inflammation. That translates to enhanced blood flow to arthritic joints, improved movement, and reduced pain.
While Best Massager for Rheumatoid Arthritis can be highly therapeutic for people with chronic conditions affecting their hands, they can also benefit anyone by hitting reflexology trigger points.